Difference between us army and russian army Squads

Lacroix

It's random. Spotting the enemy inside isn't required. Range should be under 100 meters not so much to hit the window but just to hit the building.

Fair enough, that has been my experience as well; even when using elite operators with no suppression or other distractions. Needless to say - that is "a bit" nerfed compared to real life performance claims...

Are those claims in combat or training field?

What do you think bud? That's why I had prefaced my point by saying that my tests had involved best trained operators with no distractions (i.e. suppression, weather conditions, etc...)

Look, the bottom line is - RPOs are considered to be very useful and effective by Russians (and Ukrainians) and are used a whole lot. I personally have found zero use for them in CMBS (compared to other options like RPG). Perhaps that's just me, if someone has found a worth-while way of using it - I would love to learn from their experience...

This is you quote I was referring to...

"that is "a bit" nerfed compared to real life performance claims"

...buddy.

I was just curious, but feel free to be all dick about it if you like

Sir, I think you got me all wrong. I was not meaning to be a dick about it at all. Of course, all the weapon performance claims are made for "perfect path" kind of scenario. That goes without saying, and RPOs are no different in that sense. I had assumed that you know it as well as me, that's why I kinda figured that your question was a bit rhetoric and the answer was implicit. It also goes without saying that combat stress, suppression, weather conditions, battle-field effects and other factors significantly lower the performance of all weapon systems (especially pretty basic ones like RPOs); my tests were intended to simulate a "perfect path" kind of scenario, and I certainly would not expect the same performance from a badly trained and suppressed team that is under fire...

So I am sorry if my reply came of as dickish, as that was not my intent - I had simply tried to re-emphasize my point that we are discussing the "best case" scenario here, which I still believe to be "nerfed" to the point of making these systems useless.

BTW, another problem that I see with in-game simulation of RPOs is that they do zero damage to light armor (i.e. BTRs) - and that does not seem to be the case in real-life based both on their performance claims and their combat record...