Killing Range ?

Roughly 700 meters Tiger should be having issues

Tiger armour

Numbers denote millimeters and angle of armour

Turret                      Upper Hull                   Lower Hull

Front     Side  Rear    Front   Side  Rear       Front    Side  Rear

102+/8  82/0  82/0    102/10 82/0  82/8        102/24  62/0  82/8

T34/85    85/L55 ZiS S-53  AP(lg) Velocity 800 m/sec (Jan43-Mar44)

100m                   500m             1000m           2000m       (range)

0      30   60         0     30   60    0     30  60    0   30 60   (armour angle)

133 104  45         114 90   43    100 80  38    68 57 30   (mm penetration)

After March 44, the 85/L55 had a APBC round, which was slightly better than AP for hitting angled armour, but a little worse than AP for flat.

You'd have got a better answer for the game situation quicker by setting up a quick test with a couple of dozen Tigers (Fanatic) rolling in from 2000m under tight Target Arcs to a line of T34/85s (Elite, Fanatic). Or have the T34s rolling in to static Tigers, though it might be harder to tell exactly what range the first killing shots were fired at. You might need to carve up the firing range with walls or hedges a bit to make sure the shots are all head-on.

Nice chart Tripps.   I miss some of the features from the old game but Red Thunder is a blast.

Just on a side note.. I am in the process of finalizing a scenario.. and I have to say some epic Tank duels.. I forgot to turn my fraps on, but there was a Panther T34/85 duel from around 1800-2100m  When the duel was over, x3 T-34/85's were knocked out and a JS-2 (Early) was knocked out as it stumbled its way into the melee.

I should have it ready by late next week, cant wait as it will be my first upload.