New wonky rickety barn/shed

Zveroboy1

Here is a mod for one of the small barns : one concrete and a wooden one.  The building uses two different sets of textures that you can swap in game. Just copy the folder in the usual spot.

They're not perfect but I am getting tired of working on it. :)

Oh yes, I didn't bother modding the interior, didn't seem like it was worth the hassle.

tXUU57Z.jpg

vsKSSW5.jpg

I hope you enjoy them.

Zvero

Here is the link :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ngoeuxd9hqepacc/Zveroboy%27s%20barn%20203.rar?dl=0

Yes I think I will do the second small barn set, I can't leave it all plain looking like it is. Probably one version with bricks and the last one, I don't know yet but I'll find something. I also got one big barn almost finished, I am just not entirely happy with it but it will probably be next.

One reason why I started doing this is that I am working on a map based on a village in the Debaltseve pocket (yes I obsess a bit over it) and looking at pictures, it feels like almost every single house has one little shed close by.

Edited by Zveroboy1

Here is a mod for one of the small barns : one concrete and a wooden one.th the hassle.

tXUU57Z.jpg

The concrete look does concern me. This is a shed right and in game these are very fragile and offer slim to no protection. If they look concrete in game that leaves players with a false impression and bad things wait at the end of that garden path.

Don't get me wrong they look excellent - I'll take that wooden one for sure. I think it would be good for building moders to remember that people judge the protection from what buildings look like and try to keep their new look in line with the vanilla one at least in terms of their perceived sturdiness.

What Kieme said.

I have been wondering too about the level of protection offered by the different types of buildings though.

Also I said concrete but it is really plaster over bricks.

Anyway here is a picture of the vanilla barn/shed for comparison.

aMptWrp.jpg

And here are two examples of what it could represent :

IIJNNKz.jpg

aiABHP6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have had this big barn reskin on my HD for over a year, so I thought I might as well just upload it somewhere and share it.

Not a masterpiece but the rusty roof looks striking from a distance when you look at the map from above. I think it is decent enough.

I didn't bother with the interior but I might fix it later if I am feeling motivated.

Preview picture below :

CubqsQn.jpg

And here it is side by side with the default barn :

7UTcxy5.jpg

And here is the dropbox link :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cc1x2iwwm49zjhn/Zveroboy's%20big%20barn%20200%20B.rar?dl=0

Enjoy.

Good question Erwin.  Honestly I don't know. The small sheds are made out of bricks or cinder blocks as far as I can tell and they have a metallic roof. No idea how widespread the last two construction materials were in the 1940's. Personally I use Tanks a Lot's barns for CMRT and I don't have CMBN.

I just had a quick look at Tank's a Lot's barns in my CMRT mod folder and some of them have a metallic roof too, so you could probably use the wooden barns/sheds if you wanted even though his are quite a bit better imo. Moreover having different textures in the two games can be refreshing when you go back and forth between the two. I know I have two different sets of ground textures for instance.

• 3 years later...