Halp! A Quandary

My PBEM war-game buddy and I are both upgraded to CMBN e3.0, v3.12.  However; I start a quick battle and when I send him my quick battle set-up phase (turn #3) it tells him he needs the Vehicle Pack (which I have, he doesn’t).  I thought it would work if I didn’t pick any of the ‘Funnies’ from the pack.  Any workarounds?  How about he starts the quick battle & sends it to me?

Owners of the vehicle pack are on 3.12 and anyone without the vehicle pack is 3.11 (I think). Therefore you're incompatible.

Hopefully this will one day be a thing of the past, according to the text from the ver 3 Master Installers:

5- this system will enable us to, in the future, allow h2h play between players who do not own the same content. In other words, you'll be able to play against someone with Commonwealth Forces, even if you haven't purchased that module. You won't, of course, be able to use content in solo play if you haven't purchased it yourself. Note that this is planned for future releases, not a new feature available now!

• 2 weeks later...