Small scenario Testers needed

I played it through. Got a major defeat. The Russian reinforcements from the south side appeared just after I had cleared the buildings there and was moving troops up. These teleporting pixeltruppen caused me a lot of casualties and that effectively made capturing the central objective impossible. I would recommend moving their deployment zone to the western edge of the map behind the buildings there.

Also, while the Ukrainian troops are elite, they are heavily outnumbered and do not have much firepower. The addition of maybe one or two MMGs and maybe an additional recon or engineer team or two would help a lot. I would also prefer the option to place all my troops in one setup zone. It did not seem wise to split a small force like this. But overall, I think it has potential to be a fun small infantry-only scenario.

I had an experience similar to Chudacabra although I managed to get a victory. I moved forward and wrapped around the bottom of the map with my men. Creating an L shape around the HQ. I managed to kill the Russian officers and trucks with fire but was unable to mount an assault.

As I was preparing for the attack on the HQ when the reinforcements from the top of the map advanced against me, and although I only lost 3 KIA to the fighting and hammered the enemy troops the weight of fire needed to keep them off my position prevented an attack on the HQ. I began pulling back from the top of the map and was going to retreat as my ammo was getting low when the second group of reinforcements appeared at the bottom of the map. This caught a number of my men essentially in the spawn of the enemy troops. I lost another 3-4 KIA here and ran almost out of all of my ammo. I made a frantic retreat to the exit zone losing another 2-3 KIA on the way.

Final points was 900 some for me, and 500 some for the enemy.

I would recommend marking the top of the map as *Enemy reinforcement route* or something similar so the player knows where they are coming from and can prevent them spawning on top of his troops. I mostly found the unknown spawning of reinforcements disconcerting because I supposed i had sufficient coverage with the Raven to give me a heads up on any advancing enemy.

Alternatively adding another 100-200 meters to the reinforcement edges of the map would allow the player to see them coming.

Personally I really enjoyed organizing the retreat and a couple of counter-attacks to give buddy-aid to wounded troopers and think the scenario has solid promise.

Thanks for you replies. I had originally given the Ukrainian forces two mmg's and two lmgs but found this gave overwhelming fire superiority to the Ukrainian troops and the Russians did not stand a chance. So I went with 6 lmgs and found this gives a tough but manageable fight for the Ukrainian forces.

I will change the setup zones so they are one zone type so the player can choose either side to start from.

As for the reinforcements, they are a problem with a very small map. I have tried several different arrival locations for them and have run into AI path finding problems. In different locations the Russians follow each other around one corner and create a pathway of death. The locations the reinforcements arrive in now create the best path finding for the ai and create less pathways of death.  I will mark the reinforcement locations on the map so the player has a heads up as to where the counterattacks will be coming from.

Thanks again for your testing. If you would be interested in trying out the revised mission please let me know.

I updated the file in the link I sent via pm. I hope this works. If not please let me know and I will resend the link.

Along with the changes listed above I have made a few ai changes and adjusted down the soft factors for several of the Russian groups. Hopefully this will make the battle a little more balanced.