I'm changing my name to .. .. TUNGUSKA!

Samminish

I agree the Tunguska is a beast.  Although I don't think they are as tough as they appear, what you ask!

I was playing one of the battles in CMBS and one my Machine gun teams (7.62mm) came across a Tunguska.  In their panic they opened fire on the beast, now it might have been do to they had height advantage but, I noticed multipule penetration text on the Tunguska, after 20 sec or so the Tunguska crew bailed and showed as destroyed!

Maybe it was their lucky day.

Which reminds me of a story.  When I was in high school our principle, who served with the 82 Airborne as a .50cal weapon dedt during WW II use to talk to the school on Rememberance Day about some of his experiences one story comes to mind.  During  the Battle of the Bulge, he said, they would fool the German tankers by firing a single .50cal round at German tanks.  Apperantly the alliese would sometimes shoot a single round form the .50cal to calculate the range to the target, the Germans learned this and and knew something bigger was seconds away, on more than one occasion his .50cal weapons dedt would fire one round, and the German tanks would back off.  He also mentioned this always didn't work and would attrack a unfriendly response.

I assume the flight charactoristics of a 12.7mm round was simular that of the main 75mm round, the range of which the balistic simularities were, I have no idea.