Demo?

Zane

Myself and one other are waiting for this demo.

I must say is it because it is a low key engagement before major escalation that we only get m4 and one (or 2) versions of the Abrams while the Russians have a lot more to play with.

I wonder whether an escalation would include Chally2 and Leopards.

I was excited about all the weaponry until I saw that it seemed like a limited deployment for the allies inside the manual.

Also really not happy about the terrain. I know it's Russia but the Ukraine does not look so bland. I think that may be the colour pallete though which can be fixed.

Ukraine_Kaminets_Podilsky_Castle_View.jp

sevastopoltobalaclava.jpg

Edited by Destraex1

It's a matter of tastes when it comes to graphical appearance. All I can say is that the game is set during summer, when foliage colors are generally less bright and more faded (compared to spring).

Moreover, the game is set in central/eastern Ukraine, so the western mountains are out of the operational area.

Those two pictures are higly exposed, not sure the colors are truthful, especially the first one is very saturated.

Check this version...

2qwh10i.jpg

Edited by Kieme(ITA)

I must say is it because it is a low key engagement before major escalation that we only get m4 and one (or 2) versions of the Abrams while the Russians have a lot more to play with.

I wonder whether an escalation would include Chally2 and Leopards.

You've been around long enough to know that CM gets released with a base product that has a restricted scope, for myriad good reasons. And that modules released later will increase the scope of units available and probably the timeline of the conflict being simulated.

I was excited about all the weaponry until I saw that it seemed like a limited deployment for the allies inside the manual.

So this really shouldn't have been a surprise. Check it out: SF came out with only Americans on the Allies' side; BN came out with only Americans on the Allies' side; FI came out with...guess what? Only Americans on the Allies' side. All of those products later featured modules which added other Allies' TO&E. Nothing in any of the prerelease publicity even mentioned British and German armour, so why you were surprised when it wasn't there in the manual, I do not know.

Edited by womble

I think BFC assumed there was going to be a quick v1.01 patch just to chase down those pesky last minute glitches (there are always last minute glitches). So the usual chain of events would be v1.00 game, v1.01 patch, then demo based on v1.01. I think that's going to happen in quick succession.