Javelin Ammo Sharing?

CPC922

Hi,

I know there is ammo sharing among nearby soldiers however, I have had two units in the same building, on the same floor and this does not seem to be the case. To be specific, one team has a javelin launcher that has expended all of their rockets while the other team has two additional rockets (no launcher). The team wit the launcher has has a clear view of at least 4 AFV for roughly 5 turns now and has not taken a javelin shot. Any word on what's going on here? 

Thank you. 

That is a good point. I just looked it up in the manual as well. "Automatic ammo sharing between nearby soldier Units." directly from the CMBS manual. The two HQ's were both on the same floor in a building to themselves. One with an empty jav launch system and the other team with 2 jav missiles. Spent at least a total of 10 rounds together since I kept them together for remainder of game. Not once did they fire off a jav at a target rich environment. Third mission of US campaign? 

In the rule book though i thought it was stated friendly units share ammo.

It never said under that anything regsrding the same specific hqs

In general, I think that's a good rule - if you're the Javelin guy for your unit, your superior may not appreciate it when you return and explain that you gave away all of your ammo to some guy in another company.

Although being in the same house with other unit when there are a bunch of AFVs outside is kind of different.

The ammo sharing rules are simplified for the sake of having them at all. They are both more liberal (you can swap ammo instantly from any format of storage to any other format of storage, in any quantity you have available) and more restrictive (you can only ammo share among the same immediate command structure) than "real life".

When you have to spend 20 minutes breaking down a belt of MG ammo and putting it into magazines for your ARs, you'll be able to hand your MANPAT between platoons, I imagine.

HQs do not share with eachother regardless. Sharing only happens between HQ and direct subordinates, i.e. if you have Company HQ with subordinate Platoon 1 and Platoon 2:

-Platoon 1 squads can share with each other and with their platoon HQ, and Platoon 2 squads can share with each other and their platoon HQ

-Platoon 1 and 2 HQs cannot share with each other or with the Company HQ

-if the Company HQ happened to have non-HQ subordinates directly attached to it, then these could share with each other or with the Company HQ

I don't understand the restriction, but that is how it works.