Quick Battle Bug or Doing Something Wrong?

Grim.Reaper

Hello,

Not an expert with setting up Quick Battles so not sure if I am doing something wrong.  I set the unit purchases for the human player to automatic versus me selecting them and when the battle starts, there are no units in the battle for me to control.  The map is empty with no units for me.  If I set unit purchases to human, then I can correctly choose units and they show up fine in the map.

Am I doing something wrong in not getting the computer to automatically pick my units or is this possibly an issue?

Hmmm... I can't recreate it either, though I'll keep looking. I might as well ask the obvious question, do you have icons turned off or on? Maybe you have troops but they're in the far corner of the map with icons off. Extremely unlikely. I admit, but you gotta ask these questions.

Icons turned on and when it did work, I changed nothing from a settings perspective.  It seems to most not work when you freshly start the game and choose tiny and human selected map with automatic purchases for both sides.  Not sure if it matters, but I have Russia as attacker and US as defender.  The units are absolutely missing in these cases as I have scrolled around the entire map and even tried with tiny/small maps where there is no way to miss them.  I even ran a few minutes off the clock and nothing showed up.

Hey Girm.Reaper, Here's what I found:  The save file is Open-Hills (1248 X 1200) 314 Probe,  The unit selection is set to Tiny with AI Russian Mech Inf Attacker and Human US Armored Defender.  I ceased fire and game scoreboard shows No total units for the Human Defender and Attacking Russian Mech Inf at whatever number.  So the AI did not or more likely WAS not able to purchase the units it selected.  Now here it begins to get fun.

I duplicated the whole setup...EXACTLY... And I got a very nice bradly/abrams mix to fight the Russian Mech force.  So couldn't duplicate,  So what is going on?  I'll leave it to the TOE guys to figure that out.  But I've got an opinion:  Tiny purchase points for  Armored units may have not been sufficient to purchase a tank platoon (or whatever) and defaulted to nothing.  I'll report this right away.

By the way: The map is fine.

I very much appreciate you taking time to report this.  It's how things get fixed

These are really the worst sort of bugs, the type that one guy gets and nobody else. I recall in CMRT Phil had the worst trouble chasing down a nasty little bug that players were reporting but most of the Beta team couldn't reproduce. That was why there was such a long time between CMRT initial release and the v1.01 patch, because they were playing hide-and-seek with an impossible little bug.

I recall in CMRT Phil had the worst trouble chasing down a nasty little bug that players were reporting but most of the Beta team couldn't reproduce. . . . they were playing hide-and-seek with an impossible little bug.

As one of those who suffered from the bug, I remain grateful they took to trouble to find and smash it.

Edited by Rokossovski

MarkEzra, on 31 Jan 2015 - 6:17 PM, said:

Hey Girm.Reaper, Here's what I found:  The save file is Open-Hills (1248 X 1200) 314 Probe,  The unit selection is set to Tiny with AI Russian Mech Inf Attacker and Human US Armored Defender.  I ceased fire and game scoreboard shows No total units for the Human Defender and Attacking Russian Mech Inf at whatever number.  So the AI did not or more likely WAS not able to purchase the units it selected.  Now here it begins to get fun.

I duplicated the whole setup...EXACTLY... And I got a very nice bradly/abrams mix to fight the Russian Mech force.  So couldn't duplicate,  So what is going on?  I'll leave it to the TOE guys to figure that out.  But I've got an opinion:  Tiny purchase points for  Armored units may have not been sufficient to purchase a tank platoon (or whatever) and defaulted to nothing.  I'll report this right away.

By the way: The map is fine.

I very much appreciate you taking time to report this.  It's how things get fixed

Thank you for verifying the issue for me and having it reported for fixing at some point.

IanL, on 31 Jan 2015 - 10:07 PM, said:

Amazing, I can not count the number of times I played tiny armored battles with automatic force selection. I worked every time for me. Bummer Grimm.Reaper.

Just my luck:)  I am guessing it is some combination of factors that I just happen to be generating, but I am sure the developers will figure it out, not a huge issue at this point.

MarkEzra, on 01 Feb 2015 - 3:31 PM, said:

@GrimReaper: Update on this Bug Report.  I have completed the report process.  You will be happy to note that I was finally able to duplicate this bug.  Again many thanks!

Excellent...thank you very much....not sure if your able to share, but did you determine the specific setup options that triggered it?  Or was it still a little more random like I was seeing?