Who here has ordered the game?

Guest goonch

Yea i order x3 copies about 4 mnths ago. not all for me of course but for some of my fellow kiwis.Cheaper in bulk.

------------------

AUCK

New Zealand

Superpower waiting to happen

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered by giving some trouble to our most kind Steve..hehe

Now...guys I am 59...

so im fearing not to see this great game in action...u know..at this age!

Please release this gold demo..a new scenario...the final version!

Oh well...best things are the most longed for!

Guest BillWood

I ordered, the day I tried the demo.

Ordered two copies AMOF, one for me, the other for my good buddy Ciril Rozic in Split, Croatia.

I also pre ordered PanzerElite. Wish I had not, this game is not very good, poorly exceuted, few of the promises kept as to what it was to be. Anyone want to buy my copy?

Guest teutonic

I went to the web site to get a patch for ahctung spitfire(back when combined with that other now defunct game company) and saw mention of cm. went back after a couple of weeks and saw screen shots and said YES MUST HAVE and whipped out the plastic then an there.

Fionn; have you ever suffered spousal rage (no I'm not married) in a manner similar to this?

'Honey, I'll meet you after work to go Xmas shopping, but I have to go home to pick up a few things first'

'Ok dear, see you at the mall at 6pm'.

So, I go home, one thing leads to another, and at 10 pm I receive a frantic phone call asking if I was ok.

Well, I kinda lost track of time, and ended up playing a computer wargame, and was in the proverbial dog's house for quite a while.

Ah, the joys of addiction smile.gif

Tom

ah John,

THAT might seem like a sensible thing to do but in this case telling a lie is clearly ok.

My experience is that "enraged spouse syndrome" extends to destroying/banishing whatever caused you to miss the appointment.

In this case I'd say something like.

"Oh damn honey, I was playing Battle of Britain... Made me forget about you.. I promise never to play it again."

She's mollified and you lose NOTHING. I would have said I was playing CC3 but then she would have known I was lying wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Not me :-(

we've just signed up for a mortgage that is a little bit more than we can afford, and the meagre value of the NZ$ makes $100 for the game too pricey at the moment!

But I'm sure it's only a temporary problem - if nothing else then next year's "at risk" salary component is already assigned to this task!! :)

Mike (at work)

Guest GriffinCheng

Humm, I am not sure.

I think I made the order as early as September well before beta demo...but it has been too long...can somebody in BTS would like to take the trouble and confirm it? It will be fine if I have to order it *again*!

[VBG]

Well, going on this spousal wife game hating topic, I recently told my Mother my present for my Father much to her dismay is the game Age of Kings. He has been addicted to computer games ever since Civilization. He is currently on Age of Empires, and is leaning towards Age of Kings. However, my Mom refuses to allow him to buy it (as he gets home from school, yes he is a Pricipal not a student, and immediately goes to playing his game). So, he as been giving me subtle hints that he wants me to get this game for him for Christmas. One was "So, what kind of computer games that I would be interested in are out there?" and catching him at Computer stores looking at the box with sad puppydog eyes.

Basically, women feel that if their husband/boyfriend spends more time infront of the computer, or neglects her because of the computer that he doesn't love her. Just like, "if you loved me, then you would go down town with me and help me go shoe shopping with my mother". Women tend to hate certain games that their spouses love, as, it is someting in their life that they can't relate with. Indeed, I have seen girlfriends get really angry when they come over and see a certain game on the screen. It is a really interesting psychological event to watch.

Actually, there was one girl who decided that you could either fight them, or join them, and she started playing these computer games with us and really enjoyed it. I should have lached on to that one.

Ordered it two weeks ago and was told that the international mail order would take *at least* 6 weeks. So every time I check the site and the game doesn't have an official release date, I'm pretty happy because I don't have to read all the mail about how wonderful it is while I haven't got my copy yet. But for all you guys out there I hope it's coming soon.

SySShockeD