Who here has ordered the game?

Guest goonch

I'm just curious. Who here has orderd the game? I have. Even though I do not consider myself a hardcore grognard, I prefer combat flight sims and RPGs, I feel this game is a must have since I do enjoy a great session of a strategy and/or wargame.

Not that it makes a difference, I am a computer programmer by trade.

------------------

leave the gun, don't forget the cannolies.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Das Boot.

You are dead on.

"If you can't join'em beat'em" was infact said by the Danish Foreign Secretary mr. Uffe Elleman Jensen in June 1989 IIRC. He said it to describe that wild month in witch the Danes both failed to become a fully fledged member of the EU and at the same time won the eouropean soccer championship.

Here's to BTS and us crazzzzyy Danes.

Cheers, and boy I just can't wait - this is gonna be the game of a lifetime.

------------------

If you can't join'em beat'em.

Hmmm.. while we're at it. I'm still impressed by what the Danes pulled off. They barely qualified and then they went all the way and won the tourney, that's what legends are made of.

Who cares about who ordered the game or not, if you don't it's your loss really.

Guest phoenix

Where'd all the Danes come from?? Sheesh.

I've never seen so many on one forum! smile.gif

Myself, I'm a first generation American.

Both parents are Danish, I've been back to the "old country" several times. Anyway, I digress.

Thought the Danes (and others) here might be interested in a book Im reading right now called "Letter to My Descendants" by Niels Aage Skov. It's a riveting tale of his time in the Danish resistance.

Got it on amazon.com great book!

Oh, and yeah, I ordered the game months ago!

[This message has been edited by phoenix (edited 12-16-99).]

I found out about this game two weeks ago... I preordered last week...

That is a HUGE accomplishment btw... I'm someone who hasn't played computer games in years... the last game I played regularly was MOOII when it came out. But, I mean, this game simply rocks. I haven't been this addicted to a computer game in a LONG time...

Obviously ordered but Euro 2000 is far more interesting.

I thought England had a tough group with germany in there but group D looks like a COMPLETE BITCH.

Group D:

Netherlands

Czech Republic

France

Denmark

Given the current form of the Czechs thats gonna be one very tough group. Should make for some great TV , lets hope I can get at least some of the games over here in the states frown.gif

I just ordered 2 copies last night and have turned a few of my friends on to it. It sells itself to anyone who see's it. I even got my brother, the dinosaur, who has said many times "i dont like computer games" to try it. He called today. He cant get enough, and i bet he will order it. At least he wont be able to beat me up when i win, like he did so many times over MONOPOLY. Kinda hard to punch through phone lines. smile.gifNo more letting him win to save my skin...... By the way, Kurt, if your reading this, I really did let you win most of the times. smile.gif