Tanks shooting thru buildings

GAZ NZ

GA NZ,

Shots through the windows feature in the Battle of Villers Bocage (SGT Bramall's Firefly vs a Tiger 1).

http://www.strijdbewijs.nl/uitbraak/bocage4eng.htm

Records also exist of deliberate fire through walls to kill enemy tanks. See, for example, the 27 January 1944 entry to Annex No. 1 of the 601st TD Battalion Operations Report for OPERATION SHINGLE. There, it states that B Co 3rd Platoon destroyed a tank from 300 yard range by firing through two walls with APC.

http://www.tankdestroyer.net/images/stories/ArticlePDFs/601st_TD_Jan_44_Rpt_of_Ops.pdf

There are similar accounts over on IRemember.ru.

Fire right through a wall, fire that kills a tank as a result, is one of the cool things in CM clear back to the first CM ever, CMx1's CMBO. In the cosmic scheme of things, I find such events vastly more credible than several Shermans being cleanly perforated on both sides by a single shot from a Panther's gun.

I don't necessarily see a problem here.

Regards,

John Kettler

My oponent in a pbm

his russian tank flew out from the cover he was in with no los to the target

took a 2 second look at building

Shot thru the building from 200 yards into the side of my pziv.

Can tanks shoot thru buildings at tanks?

I had something Similar happen in a PBEM game. I had an SU-85 target a building I thought might contain enemy troops. I think the building was of light construction. The SU-85 only had armor piercing rounds. The rounds passed through the structure and exploded in the terrain features behind it. If a tank had been parked behind the building I guess I might have knocked it out but that was not my original intent.

I brought up an ISU-152 that had HE shells. This vehicle destroyed the building.

When the PBEM game is over you might want to question your opponent if he knew your tank was behind the building and was intentionally targeting it with his tank. This would help reveal if the incident was luck (for your opponent), intentional tactics or a possible game bug Vanir Ausf B alluded to.

During a PBEM game I keep a list of questions to ask my PBEM opponent during the After Action Review (AAR). I think this aids in the learning curve.

Im aware of the ability to fire through a building in RL.

Ive read in panzer commander memiors this thing happenning on the russian front.

I just wasnt aware of it being do able in game and the ease with which the tank did it.

Ill factor that in when playing future games lol

This game always surprises me :)