Bridges and Pioneers

Hi guys,

Just started playing the first mission of the 'blunting the spear' campaign. I was wondering (didn't see manual reference) if those little bridge units on the sides of their half tracks were deployable at all? Had the notion of doing a wide flank with them if they were.

If not I'm getting the old 'ammo and health resupply? There must be a boss fight' vibe regarding mines... I hate mines :(

Figured as much. Oh well, maybe there'll be something for them to blow up. Can the 'blast' command clear anti-tank obstacles like dragons teeth and hedgehogs?

Nope. Sadly, the magic of demo charges' incredible versatility doesn't extend that far in the time frame of a CM game, either...

so... you use them for making holes in hedge rows or?

Or making holes in wire or walls or buildings. Or finishing off enemy bunkers. They're also somewhat useful as a close-assault weapon against armor, though not as good as a Panzerfaust.

But for the record, I'd like to have demos be able to clear paths through tank obstacles as well.