Such heavy losses.

Second mission of the campaign. When I tell my men to assault a building, they'll run in and get slaughtered. They don't use caution, and most of the time they will be fired upon without reacting.

That special forces HQ is a pain, I can't simply blow the center to smithereens.

A quick reply, you might want to have a few guys performing a Target Light fire mission on the building you're attempting to enter. As long as you don't throw any HE at the building, your boys won't get hurt by the small arms fire.

Also, place a movement waypoint outside the door so that your assaulting squad can use Target on the building as well. Go in hard and heavy and don't mind the ammo expenditure. There's plenty more in your vehicles.

Or you can use SMOKE. It's amazing how frequently folks forget to use this valuable asset. I use it all the time.

I started that mission by moving my MGS and a sniper team to the taxiing area (the wide open area with the little tower at the entrance), AI went a little nuts and started charging at my vehicles across open ground, needless to say they were blown to bits. Those vehicles kept providing accurate fire support throught the mission, as soon as the enemy opened up they got a 105 mm to the face, later on i moved some other vehicles to assist my MGS platoon. With my infantry i started clearing the buildings at the main entrance. I didn't even get to assault SF HQ before the enemy surrendered. I always made sure i had a Mk19 equipped Stryker in the best covering position before i moved my infantry up as well.

As far as breaching buildings go i wish there was something that could be done to reduce tunnel vision the soldiers get. Movement should be as fast as possible with the first two guys in checking the corners left and right of the doorway

Yeah, the SF HQ is difficult to take. I solved the problem by first having my vehicles (50.cal, grenade launchers, MGS, etc) fire at the building for several turns, always targeting different floors, i think i even used some Javelins. Then i moved in small infantry teams while constantly surpressing the room they were about to enter and all adjunct rooms with Target Light from the outside.

As Paper Tiger has said, adequate suppression before assaulting an area or building is required unless you want a lot of casualties.

Patience is also required. Take your time and recon the area. Use stand off weapons to soften up the enemy. Then suppress and assault.

Use the save function often. Yes its cheating, but it works.

I tried leveling the HQ with Apaches and mortars. Didn't work. Not surprised the mortars didn't level the building like 155's would. You don't get M1s to pound the HQ to rubble so that's not an option and the Strykers with 105's don't have enough rounds to do the job-I also used them to blow a hole in the outer wall to enter the compound.

I agree with whats already been suggested, but when the enemy HQ or another unit hides in the very center of the SFHQ it can get deadly. I lost an entire squad in an instant.

A JADAM would be nice, but you don't get them so its not an option.

I'm playing with the Euroscape mod vs the Russians and they are using RPG30's and I presume other different weapons so I don't know if that makes a difference. I also don't know if the skill and motivation is a factor too.

I'm playing with the Euroscape mod vs the Russians and they are using RPG30's and I presume other different weapons so I don't know if that makes a difference. I also don't know if the skill and motivation is a factor too.

all CM mods are skin jobs mate..