Soviet Camo Mod

Work in progress. I'm tweaking these quite a bit still. There will be a number of amoeba, leaf and captured smock patterns. Maybe 6-8 in total.

I realize it's not completely realistic for these to be appearing in any number in a standard infantry unit, but they add some interesting variety- so use if you like, and don't if you don't when they get released. Maybe someday we will have the ability to tag individual squads (recon elements, etc.), but for the time being, overall mods will have to do.

Any ideas for other Soviet patterns (official or ad hoc)? I have a book in the mail that should help a bit, but I'm open to suggestions.

2m6mlc7.jpg

Very nice benpark!

I really look forward to see the famous radzvezniky, if that is how it's spelled, the famous scout camouflage with brown patches.

As for the use, true, it's a pity we can't tag squads, but we can tag scenarios. For example, to use the scouts, it would be possible to create a small scenario depicting small units actions, and use the scouts' tagged mod.

I've just submitted these to the Repository. They should be up in a day or so.

Read me details:

Six new camouflage patterns for the Soviet infantry.

The patterns are historical, but adding them in the amounts this mod does isn't. It does add some additional variety, which I wanted for the Soviet side.

Includes the following pattern:

"tan and brown"

"green and brown"

"leaf"

There are no Soviet smock models, so I've made do with the standard.

There are also additional details like Telogreika pants. Not really seasonal for Bagration, but maybe someone has bad circulation and wanted to keep theirs. Again, variety was the goal here.

Plus one "captured German pattern". This is the last file (#14) if you don't want to use it- simply remove from the folder.

Normal maps included.

I've used Vein's Soviet mod as a base for some of these, since that's what I use, and I wanted to keep everything matched in terms of general tonality. It should be fine with the stock game, however.