Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Girls und Panzers ?

For what it's worth regarding Japanese beer vending machines... I've been going to Japan every few months since 1995. Back until the early 2000s there used to be beer vending machines everywhere... after that, the law changed and now you only see them right outside of some liquor stores. I've seen them outside of a liquor store in central Kyoto and outside of a liquor store a few blocks from Osaka castle in Osaka, but other than that, they are now pretty hard to find...

For what it's worth regarding Japanese beer vending machines... I've been going to Japan every few months since 1995. Back until the early 2000s there used to be beer vending machines everywhere... after that, the law changed and now you only see them right outside of some liquor stores. I've seen them outside of a liquor store in central Kyoto and outside of a liquor store a few blocks from Osaka castle in Osaka, but other than that, they are now pretty hard to find...

the decline and fall of a great idea.... :D

There were beer machines in my barracks around the turn the century.

The Navy began putting beer vending machines in the Chiefs' barracks in the 1970's under Zumwalt. He really stood the Navy on it's head.

Jorge MC,

It would appear the girls need to work on bridge classification ratings and wear more tank appropriate gear, however not cute. Since nobody wears interphones, these girls must be very loud talkers! There appears to be a significant friendly fire issue, coupled with a veritable miracle called the survival of the Panzer IV/D hit by the StuG III/G. While it could be argued that only practice ammo's being used, the extent of damage from hits, coupled with their characterization of the Panzer IV/D as a "deathtrap" suggests the training is quite dangerous. Now, I'm really worried about that Type 89. Hardly. The AFVs are nicely rendered. I don't much care for this style of anime when it comes to rendering people. Showing the new driver reading the (previously unknown to me and of doubtful existence) Panzer IV Fibel was a stroke of comic relief genius.

Regards,

John Kettler

Jorge MC,

The repaints were bad enough, but the girlified Panzer IV/D interior made me want to barf. Fortunately, there's a remedy. Big Kitties, lots of them, firing on the move (ridiculous) to Panzerlied. Formation is Panzerkeil. Dense pack. No fuchsia tanks. Dunkelgelb generally. The one girl visible is now in a Panzer uniform. Mit interphones und funk!

The other side of the martial coin. Russian night tank attack in winter, to full version of Katyusha. These Russian girls look tough, with steel in their eyes.

And since we're indulging in the absurd, I must share this animated, rather than anime, morsel. Suggest you not drink soda or eat while watching!

Regards,

John Kettler

Showing the new driver reading the (previously unknown to me and of doubtful existence) Panzer IV Fibel was a stroke of comic relief genius.

Regards,

John Kettler

This lack of images:

f8bfu.jpg

pTamI.jpg

The "Tiger manual" is maybe a bit doubtfull, but even have a french translation (probably for FFI : French Forces of Interior, that use some german captured tanks in 1944/1945 - mostly Pz4 and Panther, but even 2 Tigers ^^)

The "Pz4 Fibel" in "Girls und Panzer" is an "extrapolation", but it really hit the point.

batteran,

Quite real. Thoroughly attested and documented.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tigerfibel

This, though, immediately commanded my attention.

The Tigerfibel and Pantherfibel were crew instruction manuals for the German tanks of World War II, the Panzer VI Tiger heavy tank and the Panzer V Panther medium tank.

"Like other manuals designated as Fibel, they were apparently intended to summarise what the crew needed to know for day-to-day use of the tank, and capture their interest. It is well illustrated and much of it is written as poetry in a humorous manner. It is remarkably different from the usual style of a German tank manual of the period, describing its machinery and operations in tedious detail."

What Fibels don't we know about? Nachrichten (signals) and flugzeug (aircraft). So far, no other Panzerfibel pubs.

Meanwhile, here are not only photos of the manuals themselves, but also supplementary material. Better yet, we learn who did what on the manual project and who inspired the woman in the manual.

http://www.alanhamby.com/tigerfibel.shtml

Regards,

John Kettler

Here, the french translation, dated 1945:

http://manuelduchartigre.blogspot.com/

Note, I found this about the french translation of this manual:

après avoir fait plus de 2 nuits blanches de recherches pour savoir par qui il a était traduit et pour qu'elle division mécanisée ce manuel a t'il était écrit , j'ais trouver la réponse , dans les archives militaires des u.s.a ( U.S NARA ) .

voici ce que j'y est trouver :

ce manuel a était traduit par un officier alsacien de la das Reich capturer pendant la bataille de Koursk , puis par je ne sais quel accords secrets entre l'URSS et nôtres gouvernement ( Français ) , il a était livrer a nôtres gouvernement par l'URSS ( comme t'en d'autres ) pour être entre guillemets juger pour crimes contres l’humanité ; comme vous ne le savez peut être pas une GRANDE partie de c'est Français n'on jamais était condamnes quoi que dise nôtres gouvernement , car ils nous ont apportes pleins de bon et GRANDS conseils pour entraîner nôtres armée renaissante après la WW2 .

enfin bref ce manuel a était écrit :

pour la Hitlerjugend , la das Reich et la wiking der ss division .

MERCI d'avance pour vos réponses .

Maybe this translation has been done by an "alsacien" (inhabitant of the disputed territories between France and Germany) from der "Das Reich" SS, captured by URSS, send to french justice, where it as done this manual in 1945 for the new french army. (and never see jail... bah!)