Disappointed in some crew issues

I am a little disappointed in that two things have not played out as I thought they might.

First, a two man flame thrower team. Man with the flame thrower is wounded, his buddy gives first aid. But does not take the weapon ??? What the h. Now I can see that if it was just some other grunt, but his trained buddy. I sure hope this can be changed in the future.

I also noticed the truck driving crews have a similar issue. Old programing, anyone could jump in a truck or jeep and drive. Red thunder, even the second man in the truck crew cannot get back into the truck and not be able to drive, he still sits in the passenger side of the truck.

I think some adjustments might be in order.

Not sure what other things might be getting affected, but we went from a very laxed ability to using items to some type of too restrictive format.

I sure hope this is a programming error

One thing with weapons is I believe they can be damaged and not recovered. I thought this applied to more than MG and mortars.

It seems more prevalent to me that guys buddy aiding people with weapons I want (SMGs etc) don't seem to be recovering them as often since the 2.12 patch or the 3.0 engine. Pretty hard to test out though.

One thing with weapons is I believe they can be damaged and not recovered. I thought this applied to more than MG and mortars.

It seems more prevalent to me that guys buddy aiding people with weapons I want (SMGs etc) don't seem to be recovering them as often since the 2.12 patch or the 3.0 engine. Pretty hard to test out though.

You know, that would be fine, it would even add to the realism. But if that was the case, the game should indicate somehow when the aid is given that the weapon is not functioning.

But I still think it is more of a programming issue, because the trucks are very usable and they are not being re-crewed. So I think there is something up with how the feature is preforming, but I would like to hear what other think and what they are seeing.

I also noticed the truck driving crews have a similar issue. Old programing, anyone could jump in a truck or jeep and drive. Red thunder, even the second man in the truck crew cannot get back into the truck and not be able to drive, he still sits in the passenger side of the truck.

I think some adjustments might be in order.

Not my experience, mate.

Regarding trucks, I had one truck with mortar ammo get immobilized and the crew got out and would never get back in even after orders - so I lost all the ammo in the truck - seemed a bit unrealistic, to not being able to still get ammo, maybe the drivers locked the truck up and threw away the keys .......

How many people would be qualified to drive a car or a truck at the time? Driving trucks is not easy even today.

I would imagine that depends on the country.

US had plenty of vehicles before the war so the odds are that some of the troopers knew how to drive a car, truck or at least a tractor.

Germany probably had less, but I think most of them knew the basics at least.

Russia? Yeah right...

You know, that would be fine, it would even add to the realism. But if that was the case, the game should indicate somehow when the aid is given that the weapon is not functioning.

The possibility of losing weapons has always been this way, and it has always been realistic.

Take two rifle squads and kill the MG gunner; in one squad the MG might be recovered by another soldier, and in the other team it will be lost. There's a chance that whatever trauma killed the gunner also damaged the gun. Maybe the weapon is so slick with blood or viscera that no one wants to use it.

Recovery of the weapon (or not) is the indication that the weapon is functioning (or not). Soldiers wouldn't know before they tried buddy aid, and neither should we.

Regarding trucks, I had one truck with mortar ammo get immobilized and the crew got out and would never get back in even after orders - so I lost all the ammo in the truck - seemed a bit unrealistic, to not being able to still get ammo, maybe the drivers locked the truck up and threw away the keys .......

Actually, I have noticed this also. I could not mount the truck to get supplies that was immobilized.

Me neither. At least not in the editor. I was able to put a member of a heavy machine gun crew in the driver's seat of the Opel, Gaz and Studebaker.

This is interesting, as for my crew issue, I did not try other units. So what I had was the crew member in the passenger side remounting to the same seat. maybe it is only the second crewman that has the issue. It was a russian truck crew, but I do not remember which type of truck.

The possibility of losing weapons has always been this way, and it has always been realistic.

Take two rifle squads and kill the MG gunner; in one squad the MG might be recovered by another soldier, and in the other team it will be lost. There's a chance that whatever trauma killed the gunner also damaged the gun. Maybe the weapon is so slick with blood or viscera that no one wants to use it.

Recovery of the weapon (or not) is the indication that the weapon is functioning (or not). Soldiers wouldn't know before they tried buddy aid, and neither should we.

Well, now that you said that, I feel a little stupid in that I have played enough to know better. But I have always thought it was unusual in if a player will pick up or not pick up a weapon when giving aid. So it is nice to have that cleared as it being damaged weapons. But I still think the game should indicate it so it is clear, that can be done while giving aid (I did not mean before hand)

How easy would it be for anyone to pick up and use a flamethrower if he wasn't fimilar with it. We're both nen in FT team fully trained in its use. How much does the tank and whole system weigh and isn't it strapped to the user? Might be difficult to take it off a wounded person easily.

FTs are 100% unrecoverable, and this has been confirmed to be working as intended.

Well he called shot gun way back in the staging area and he is not giving up his seat :-)

:) Yes, that is funny.

I am wondering if this is not another minor bug. There is the other truck bug, where the second crew man sits in the back of the truck.

So he did not call "shot gun" then - the game is great, no need to fix, but lets get the sound track giving us the guys calling out "shot Gun" so we have a feel for who gets it.

I am wondering if this is not another minor bug. There is the other truck bug, where the second crew man sits in the back of the truck.

As it turns out, that is intentional. It's that way so one member of the passenger unit doesn't disembark into a difference action spot than the rest of the unit. What is unknown is why the Gaz truck doesn't work that way.