Reviewing the review: Entertainmentbuddha review

MikeyD

I just got done watching the entertainmentbuddha video (link up top). Lots of good stuff to say about the review, and some bad.

First the bad. Did you notice he was complaining about the graphics while playing 20 feet up and 20 feet back, with shadows and shaders turned off, and with trees toggled off? That's how you play when you want to purposefully make the game look ugly! Not to mention the featured vehicles were T34-85 early and BA-64. Could'a picked something a bit more photogenic to highlight. Plus, did we ever see anything actually happen besides him plotting moves?

Now for the good. He never mentioned CMx1 and never complained about what wasn't in the game (reviewers do that sooo often). Over the course of the video review his appreciation of the game kept building and building until it turned into a veritable tsunami of praise! The guy obvious felt the game was smarter than he was - high praise from a dedicated gamer. :)

It's good to see more reviewers look past graphics to see the advanced game mechanics making for a complex but rewarding game. One of the other games I find myself playing a lot lately is Cortex Command, which is a modern game that has 2d graphics making it look like an early 90's game. Under the hood however, it has advanced physics that can bring even modern computers to their knees. Not mine though. ;) Needless to say, Cortex Command got mediocre reviews from the major reviewers that praise flashy games like Call of Duty.