German Campaign first scenario!!

Wodin

Loving the game so far. However the first scenario of the German Campaign would hardly give newcomers to CMx2 an easy break in..it's pretty damn big! I'd personally preferred the campaign to start with a smaller map\less units then build itself up. I know that is difficult when making a campaign, you'd have to slowly introduce troops as if they had been delayed or been sent by HQ as reinforcement so in a way the campaign would have to be designed at the start with that in mind.

It just feels like being thrown into the deep end.

Also looking forward to see some more small to medium scenarios as German vs AI made by our great community..at present the Russian side has the most single play small scenarios.

I do like a decent size map..but not keen on scenarios with loads of units. Any chance the scenarios can be rated for map size and another rating for unit count rather than just small\medium large etc.

Thanks

Beutezug is both small and German. ;-)

Yes, the Campaign is big, but if you fight your Mk IVs improperly in Mission 1, the Troop Levels will be much more manageable by Mission 6! Seriously, acknowledge your note, and will consider pushing for a smaller, perhaps leaner campaign for subsequent module, should one come along. In the meantime, the repository is always open, and the editor tools available to me are the same ones available to you!

Pnzrldr

Blunting the Spear Mission 3, Beutezug

I havent bought CMRT yet - how big are the german campaign missions? From all i ve heard about them it sounds like multi-battallion sized combined arms groups slugging it out on fairly open terrain, something that sounds quite nice to me. I like huge battles on huge maps :D.

Small is beautiful - so i despite the scale of the eastern front there must of been lots of small scale battles. I am going to have a go at designing a small battle this weekend so fingers crossed.

Certainly there must have been lots and lots of small engagements. Isnt a battle just a summary of many small fights?

I havent bought CMRT yet - how big are the german campaign missions? From all i ve heard about them it sounds like multi-battallion sized combined arms groups slugging it out on fairly open terrain, something that sounds quite nice to me. I like huge battles on huge maps :D.

Yep that is the scale of it - battalion equivalent is what you'll be handling. Not all missions are on completely open terrain but the bulk of the ground is open (ish).

Time is the thing with this campaign - big constraint.

I love big map and long battle. It give me the time to properly set up, manouever and execute attack plan. The open field allows plenty of room for panzers to flex its muscle at long range. I have played a few campaign battles and have found myself fighting battles in 2 stages, first is destroy the enemy's armour, then move my foot soldiers on transport forward to deal with their infantry supported by my panzers.

• 3 weeks later...

Just played and completed the 1st Scenario in Blunting the Spear.

Like the Original OP I thought the map and number of forces was a tad big even for an experienced CM player.

HOWEVER....

After I got over that I was blown away by the whole experience!!!

What a wonderful map and the scale really gives the player a whole new arena of feelings and problems.

I managed to lose only 2 MKIV's and a Halftrack but my o my the Russian SMG is bloody lethal. I need to refine my tactics and learn to keep my German PBI alive.

So my Hat's off to the map maker and the scenario designers and I am now looking forward to the next game.

While this is not perhaps the best for a newbie to play with (qty of units), it certainly is the map to show off what the new theatre has to offer...

Thank you to all those involved, this is a strong rival to the work of the campaigns undertaken by Paper Tiger and gives me the same wow factor.

:)