Normandy 3.0 upgrade?

much too early to say and considering 2.0 is a pay upgrade and as noted previously has major changes for bump maps that 3.0 doesn't have to do I'd be real hesitant to make a direct comparison. As to the question of flamethrowers, doubtful as that is a ToE item, but one never knows. Perhaps the direction of the 3.0 upgrade will not be directly comparable to 2.0. Only BF knows and I almost doubt they know yet.

Presumably. Commonwealthers too.

Looking over this I think I may have misconstrued the question and so my answer is misleading as stated. What I meant to say is that flamethrowers will very likely make it into both BN and FI eventually via packs. But do not expect to see them in the v3 upgrade itself. If prior BFC practice holds, it will enable them but not provide them.

Michael

Looking over this I think I may have misconstrued the question and so my answer is misleading as stated. What I meant to say is that flamethrowers will very likely make it into both BN and FI eventually via packs. But do not expect to see them in the v3 upgrade itself. If prior BFC practice holds, it will enable them but not provide them.

Michael

Yeah, IIRC BN is getting another module that covers the Bulge up to May 45? I expect the 3.0 will come along at the same time the Bulge module comes out, with the Bulge including the flamers.

I kinda need my Pershing fix.

Yeah, IIRC BN is getting another module that covers the Bulge up to May 45? I expect the 3.0 will come along at the same time the Bulge module comes out, with the Bulge including the flamers.

I kinda need my Pershing fix.

nope, so far the word is Bulge will be a separate game family. The only content left for CMBN is supposed to be packs. Then again stuff is always subject to change. Personally I would be much happier if it were a module just so I could have maps work in the Bulge scenarios that is created in CMBN. :P

Will it be all inclusive?So you wont have to be upgraded to 2.0 to apply 3.0?

Yes. Both Fortress Italy and Normandy will be able to upgrade to v3.0 when it is released. We will also discount the v2.0 Upgrade because that will be necessary to get to v3.0.

Steve

Bolded the answer to your question from quotation.

nope, so far the word is Bulge will be a separate game family. The only content left for CMBN is supposed to be packs. Then again stuff is always subject to change. Personally I would be much happier if it were a module just so I could have maps work in the Bulge scenarios that is created in CMBN. :P

I wish they would do it this way also. Nice to have as much as possilbe in just one exacutable. Not sure if they think there is not enough new content in vehicles/formations etc to make sales if they go down this road.

Same thing for Ostfront even if it might be to much there with 4 years to cover (but maybe two families instead of four).

I wish they would do it this way also. Nice to have as much as possilbe in just one exacutable. Not sure if they think there is not enough new content in vehicles/formations etc to make sales if they go down this road.

Same thing for Ostfront even if it might be to much there with 4 years to cover (but maybe two families instead of four).

I too would prefer everything under 2 main titles. 1 for East Front and the other for West Front.

I suppose BF's concern is that after a while, with all unit and weapons types available, they would be back to the CMx1 model where any scenario could be made without further purchases.

What I do like very much is the backward compatibility of engine improvements. I value that much more than I would the ability to gather titles under one Theatre heading.

I too would prefer everything under 2 main titles. 1 for East Front and the other for West Front.

I suppose BF's concern is that after a while, with all unit and weapons types available, they would be back to the CMx1 model where any scenario could be made without further purchases.

What I do like very much is the backward compatibility of engine improvements. I value that much more than I would the ability to gather titles under one Theatre heading.

This "wish" has been addressed earlier too:

Oh, I see! Every system has it's breaking points where concepts collide with practical reality. There are a multitude of practical issues with having too many Modules/Packs within a particular Family. Which means we have to go with a "clean slate" every so often or those problems start to get in the way of things. Given the huge annual changes on the Eastern Front we don't see any practical way to keep it one huge Family. Western Front is a little more debatable, but currently we are sticking to the notion that it will be a separate Family. Likewise North Africa, whenever we get around to it, won't be a continuation of Fortress Italy. But because the force/unit change overs in Italy is more modest we do think it's practical to finish up to 1945 with another Module.

From a cost standpoint there will likely be very little difference to the customer if we kept the Eastern Front one Family or the planned 4. The only negative thing about dividing up a Front/Theater is that players will have to load different games to play the different timeframes. We understand that can be a nuisance, but we do feel it's unavoidable. Er, unless we come up with something clever and that is always a possibility :D

<clip>

Steve