Space bar to pull up menus

OK, I was correct...off to the store in a minute. But, check out the thread about keys not working in the Tech Support forum. Looks like the problem is with making changes in the Game Options screen....the game appears to not be reading the hockey's text file correctly....or sumfink.

The good news is that I convinced my honey that CMRT, atm, was much more crucial than the need to eat!

Bad news, at least from my perspective, here is what I posted in the Tech Support thread:

"Phil I tried it...no dice.

PC, Windows 7, AMD processor.

Overrode hotkeys file in Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Red Thunder\User Data (I had copied the one from x86 base gamer folder) and restarted the game. In both FPS and RTS, they do not work. And in both modes, Spacebar changes the view as if I am hitting the numbers...goes way up and looks down on the map. Higher with each hit of the bar. Also, in both modes, right-clicking does nothing at all anymore.

When I had originally moved the base game hotkey to the Documents folder, the keys did work. I did not think to test the controls before overriding with the new hotkey text file...so for all I know, maybe just restarting the game caused the problem."

So now, I'm thoruoghly confused!

Thanks AKD. But before I saw your response, I looked around, and found a hotkeys file in both the Documents/Battlefront/CM/Red Thunder folder (that's where I put Phil's new hotkeys text file, overriding one that was already located there), and in the Documents/Battlefront/CM/Red Thunder/User Data folder as well. I deleted the latter one, left Phil's new file in Documents/Battlefront/CM/Red Thunder, and everything--Spacebar and key commands--appears to be working in all 3 modes. Apparently it's not critical to have it in the User Data folder? I'm leaving things as is for the time being, since all is well.

Same problem here. Space adjusts GFX quality, keys for "previous unit" and"nex unit" unmapped themselves and can't be assigned again by "controls" menu.

I guess this happened after I edited hotkeys with "controls" option as this was the first thing I did after launching the game. I believe that reinstalling the game fixes the problem as default keymappings are restored then.

But I would prefer not to reinstall because I want to edit hotkeys anyway - I do not want to learn new ones, I'm used to my own favorite hotkey setup...

Same issue cropped up for me when I edited controls. Actually, I only looked at them, did not change them.

Now space bar does the graphic quality.

I will go for fresh install.

You can repair it easily.

Open both hotkeys.txt files in an editor: the one in MyDocuments and the one in ProgramFiles.

Then copy the Camera sections of the one in ProgramFiles to the empty ones of the file in MyDocuments.

(The Options menu doesn't write these sections)

You can repair it easily.

Open both hotkeys.txt files in an editor: the one in MyDocuments and the one in ProgramFiles.

Then copy the Camera sections of the one in ProgramFiles to the empty ones of the file in MyDocuments.

(The Options menu doesn't write these sections)

I have had this problem too and BOTH hotkeys files had errors in them that were either there from the install or a result of changes I made via the GUI.

It is easy to fix. Just take the hotkeys file that Phil provided that is linked to above. Then (assuming windows) replace BOTH hotkeys files, one is in the game install directory and the other is under documents.