Space bar to pull up menus

Installed the game, started playing the first scenario in the game and I noticed that space bar no longer place a hotkey menu when you press it but instead at the top of the screen it notified my of my model quality. Was this feature removed or is their something wrong with the hotkey.txt file?

anyone?

Steve thanks for that but it stopped working mid scenario; i am utterly baffled. As i was just setting up the opener for the Russian campaign deploying forces etc it switched back. Spacebar moves through the model quality instead of bringing up an order menu and when i right click on the unit (thanks for that info!) nothing happens at all. Signed, sleepless in Seattle...

Now that i think about it, it happens after i edit the controls file through the GUI. I change Split Squad to "F", Reverse to "R", and Acquire to ",". this is how my other 3 CMx2 games have allowed me to do it, and i never had this issue. Anyways, the problem pops up after i had loaded the campaign after a few minutes, NOT immediately.

About this right click on unit feature, does it need to be turned on somehow? I just did a third wipe of both the game installation and the user files in My Documents and did nothing with the Hotkeys.txt. The orders menu by spacebar works fine, but right clicking on a unit simply deselects it.

About this right click on unit feature, does it need to be turned on somehow? I just did a third wipe of both the game installation and the user files in My Documents and did nothing with the Hotkeys.txt. The orders menu by spacebar works fine, but right clicking on a unit simply deselects it.

For me, the right click to get commands onscreen only works in FPR or RTS view modes, but not in standard mode.:( Will continue to experiment.

I'll have to check to see if the right-click behavior is exclusive to FPS and RTS modes. It is not supposed to be, but maybe the coding never got tweaked to include Standard (initially it was deliberately absent from Standard).

As for the Spacebar thing, check out this thread and see if it helps:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=114428

Steve

Steve I reviewed that thread but it wasn't applicable to me; installation was fine.

I just now tried to change 1 single thing in the hotkeys.txt (through the GUI) and it immediately broke things. I set acquire to "," clicked OK, and started a saved game up. Space bar now increases model quality. I don't think this is me.

It seems like this is an issue with the "hidden" hotkeys that are not normally up for player change. Editing the hotkeys.txt (either through the GUI or direct edit) immediately disables the spacebar orders menu. I checked RTS and FPS modes and the spacebar also increases model quality.

However, I can confirm right click does bring up the orders menu there!

I am playing in standard mode. When I push spacebar with no unit selected, nothing happens at all. When I have a unit selected and press spacebar, the command menu comes up (the right-click one).

Weird. My spacebar has never done anything in CMRT. I guess I will try to re-install and see if that helps.

I am playing in standard mode. When I push spacebar with no unit selected, nothing happens at all. When I have a unit selected and press spacebar, the command menu comes up (the right-click one).

Weird. My spacebar has never done anything in CMRT. I guess I will try to re-install and see if that helps.

FroBodine nothing is wrong with your setup; the command menu should only come up IF a unit is selected. No need to reinstall.

the issue I am experiencing once you edit the controls through the GUI or directly editing the file.

I read the fix in the Tech Support thread...but, I only had to move the hotkey text doc (from x86/RT/Data folder) to the "Documents" CMRT folder, and the WASD keys worked in RTS and FPS. So maybe you don't need to move the whole RT folder over.

Oh, when in RTS forward/back/left/right would only work properly if the cursor was in the center of the screen. But the cool thing was that with any of those keys pressed, the camera would move whatever direction I moved the cursor. Is that how it's opposed to work? Very cool regardless!

Oh, and right click in standard mode still does nothing.

I have a hotkey.txt file in both my install directory data folder, and also in my Documents User Data folder. Should I remove the one from my install directory data folder?

I am having problems where my WASDQE keys only work in standard mode. If I select FPS or RTS mode, they do not work at all.

Also, pressing spacebar does not bring up the hotkey menu for me.

I have a hotkey.txt file in both my install directory data folder, and also in my Documents User Data folder. Should I remove the one from my install directory data folder?

I am having problems where my WASDQE keys only work in standard mode. If I select FPS or RTS mode, they do not work at all.

Also, pressing spacebar does not bring up the hotkey menu for me.

Jeffro (I remembered!), I copied the hotkey doc from the install directory...leaving the original there...to the Document Data folder. But that folder didn't have one it; at least, I didn't notice one and I wasn't prompted to override one.

I had uninstalled both CMMG and CMFI/GL in order to do RT testing, so the only folder I have in the Documents folder is CMRT. Maybe the hotkey doc in your Documents folder(s) is from one of those games??

My Spacebar does pull up the commands when in standard mode, but I forgot to check it with RTS/FPS modes. Back to the drawing board!

mjkerner I don't suppose you'd want to back up the hotkeys.txt you are using then make an change to it would you? I think if you do,you will then break your spacebar menu.

What, intentionally break it? You are mad, I tell you, MAD!

Okay, I'll try that out. Give me a bit...wife is calling and I think it's my turn to go to the grocery store.:mad: