Will CMBN mods work with CMRT

The ever-popular answer: it depends. :D

CMRT is divided into Russia and Eastern Europe regions. Russia is default art with standard naming, alt. Eastern Europe art is [tagged] and will overwrite any standard named art. So [easterneurope] tag endings will have to be added to any art you want to overwrite Eastern Europe art.

French/Dutch building mods aren't particularly appropriate for Russia which is very wooden-structure-heavy. Turning the eastern front environment into an imitation of Normandy rather defeats the purpose of making a whole different game. I'd caution people to first see what they got, see what they need, then add mods judiciously. And of course the modders go crazy making CMRT-specific mods. :D

There's also a whole new modding regimen that allows people to [tag] their own mods and assign specific tags to specific scenarios. The game's going to come with a sample to try out. Add the word rubble to a scenario's mod tags and the 'heavy rocks' terrain with automatically change to broken brick rubble for city maps.

There is one other consideration, isn't there? RT comes with an upgraded game engine. In the past, if I have it right, some mods are not not compatible with upgraded engines and have to be redone. I don't use mods myself, but it seems like that's what I have picked up from the board.

Michael

The words 'animated text' comes to mind. :D

There have been notable changes to the in-game UI. Besides not having any mods applicable to Russian forces you may also want to wait to see if pict sizes for the various units have altered. I don't know what got changed.

CMRT is divided into Russia and Eastern Europe regions.

I hadn't heard that before. What bits of "Eastern Europe" is the applicable art aiming to resemble? Poland? Romania? Hungary?

Because the CMRT game family is intended to portray the eastern front from June of '44 to May of '45 (or such is my understanding) I suppose the landscape, buildings etc. will eventually need to reflect the Soviet Union (from the Baltic to the Black sea) plus the Balkans, plus Finland, plus Poland, plus East Prussia and eastern Germany. We saw with the Market-Garden module that BFC is willing to add new regions and landscape/buildings onto an existing base-game. So does that mean we will get landscape for, say, Russia and Poland with CMRT, and later modules will add Germany, Finland, and the Balkans?

Also, how do the two regions we are getting in CMRT differ in appearance?

Mostly Poland because that's where Bagration happened. The Belarus Cyrillic street signs change over to Polish, the Russian tin roofs change to shingle, the mile markers and gravestones all get switched over. And something else. Maybe its 'Poster #4" flavor objects that changes from Russian language to Polish (though both are German occupation signage). And a LOT of really special building facades done by Fernando.

I would like a CMRT Barbarossa module next to be honest. Or whatever it might be called, instead of late war time period modules.

Same goes for North Africa 41-42, but that is for another thread /forum.

Hope it happens at some point. Not a fan of late war time periods. Doesn't mean I still won't buy them though. :P

The ever-popular answer: it depends. :D

CMRT is divided into Russia and Eastern Europe regions. Russia is default art with standard naming, alt. Eastern Europe art is [tagged] and will overwrite any standard named art. So [easterneurope] tag endings will have to be added to any art you want to overwrite Eastern Europe art.

French/Dutch building mods aren't particularly appropriate for Russia which is very wooden-structure-heavy. Turning the eastern front environment into an imitation of Normandy rather defeats the purpose of making a whole different game. I'd caution people to first see what they got, see what they need, then add mods judiciously. And of course the modders go crazy making CMRT-specific mods. :D

There's also a whole new modding regimen that allows people to [tag] their own mods and assign specific tags to specific scenarios. The game's going to come with a sample to try out. Add the word rubble to a scenario's mod tags and the 'heavy rocks' terrain with automatically change to broken brick rubble for city maps.

It would make for a nice "what if" scenario tho :)

Russians in western europe :)

Some of them work fine. I've been using Juju's weapons and icons and although they work for the Germans it is a bit of a fudge. Some of the buttons are over sized or in the wrong place, but it's playable. Obviously the Russian stuff is totally missing. But Juju and Marco will release a new mod to cater for this.

Sound mods also mostly work, especially for the Germans. But once again, Russian sounds will be different so these will need modifying for the specific theatre.

Rest assured, mods will be coming.

The words 'animated text' comes to mind. :D

YES, there will have to be a specific "animated text" mod for CMRT. NONE of the other versions will work with it! No doubt though, someone will put it in with the inevitable thread "My text is all screwed up, and I can’t figure out why?" . I could put huge neon signs that say it must be specific, and updated with each patch and someone will still try to use it.