Stock campaigns with V3 updates ?

I wounder if this would be a worth while project and if it is something that

BFC (the original campaign creators) are considering doing...

updating the original campaigns from CMBN and CMFI using the new features from V3...

- Triggers

- hand held AT fire from buildings

- flamethrowers (fire ?)

- ditchlock

Maybe this will be such a massive undertaking and will take almost as long as creating entirely new campaigns..?

If however it can be done with alot less work then making a new campaign i think it would be a good idea.

The stock campaigns were well made and fun to play but if we could have these new features implemented i think they will provide even more of a challange and be well worth to replay...

updating the original campaigns from CMBN and CMFI using the new features from V3...

- Triggers

- flamethrowers (fire ?)

- ditchlock

Maybe this will be such a massive undertaking and will take almost as long as creating entirely new campaigns..?

If however it can be done with alot less work then making a new campaign i think it would be a good idea.

The stock campaigns were well made and fun to play but if we could have these new features implemented i think they will provide even more of a challange and be well worth to replay...

My take on it is what I've bolded in your OP.

I started, years ago, to make a CMSF campaign. I've since realized that the folks who make campaigns and battles are not just incredibly talented, but must also be sadistic workaholics, based on how much effort and time it takes.

Having said that, the editor will allow ANYONE to modify the campaigns.

Ken

Yes, Scenario-making sure is a time consuming project. I have only made a few simple ones but even those have taken quite some time to complete.

My thinking was that with the stock campaigns atleast part of the job is already done...the maps, briefings, unit selection (only minor changes needed)...

The AI plans will most certanly need to be changed, triggers implemented and some other things maybe...after that play-testing...

It will take time for sure...but i think the result could be VERY good !

Having said that, the editor will allow ANYONE to modify the campaigns.

Ken

Yes, thats true...

But playing your own modified campaign (or your self-made scenario for that matter) is not the same thing...to much unwanted knowledge of the enemy !

If some of the forum members could get permision from the original campaign designers to update their work to V3 that would offcourse be a good thing also...

• 4 months later...

- Triggers

- flamethrowers (fire ?)

- ditchlock

This sounds like a project I'd like to undertake for my own campaigns at least. Montebourg with flamethrowers! I know exactly where I'd like to use them. It might be less work to redo existing missions than to create a whole new campaign with new maps and all.

This sounds like a project I'd like to undertake for my own campaigns at least. Montebourg with flamethrowers! I know exactly where I'd like to use them. It might be less work to redo existing missions than to create a whole new campaign with new maps and all.

I could sure use them right now. I'm really enjoying Montebourg, only on mission 3. I'm not very good tho lol.

Great to see a post from you Paper Tiger - anything that you would be able to produce would be very great fully received!

If some of the forum members could get permision from the original campaign designers to update their work to V3 that would offcourse be a good thing also...

You don't really need permission. It's polite to credit other's work when you use it, and trying to profit financially would be a no-no, but AIUI the general injunction is along the lines of "you've already paid for it, so use whatever you want as a springboard for your own creativity. Oh, and do make the effort to share whatever you come up with :)"

Hello, Paper Tiger...

If you decide to do this it will be much appriciated. I will for sure have a go at an updated Montebourg campaign.

The original campaign was VERY good and with these new features it can only get even better...

Triggered movements, Sneaky AT-fire from buildings, flamethowers..Wow !

I hope you decide to do this...and by the way...thanks for the original campaign !