CMSF will be eventually reborn

Buzz

Curious as to why you would jump on this? What "new" features would make the CMSF title that much better?

I believe the "overlay" and new "trigger" function would spark new scenario's from the community. Moveable waypoints are nice. Target briefly would help out. An update to the QB system would renew the multiplayer interest. Not sure if this would be included?

From the info put out so far its a safe bet, I believe, that a CMSF update (redux, etc) will consist of solely updating the game engine. It will include all the great stuff you can do with CMBN (and the additions from Red Thunder and Black Sea) but that's it. Frankly, I would rather see more of a focus on expanding Black Sea in the future than digging in deeper in Syria.

CMSF is easily adaptable to route clearing operations in Iraq or Afghanistan if that's your thing, so I see little use in spending a lot of time adding to that. However, what is really missing is CMSF in a European type environment. I think just the setting of Black Sea will open up a new box of opportunities.

Also, the time line in the Syria scenario is just fine, and I hope Black Sea follows something similar. The US/NATO can conduct regime change or stop unsanctioned aggression in a matter of months if it chooses to do so. Panama and the First Gulf War being the most recent examples. (Clear concise goals and an exit plan.) The last thing we (the US) need to do as a military or a nation is get involved in another open ended "bring democracy to the uninterested" type war. I like the idea of having mods and expandable options for those who wish to go a certain way, but I'd rather not have a background scenario that brings my PTSD out every time I think about it. But I'm notoriously self centered and opinionated. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, CMSF is still a great game. The CMSF rebirth with all the new features will be a must have for modern fans.

"..I hope Black Sea follows something similar. The US/NATO can conduct regime change or stop unsanctioned aggression in a matter of months if it chooses to do so...." GH42

Sounds familiar or maybe just a dream :)