Commonealth Para Helmet Mods

Hi,

This note is addressed primarily to the helmet modders out there - saferight, benpark, jorgemc, ez, rambler and others. Could someone please have a go at providing a bit of variety to the commonwealth para helmets, particularly as the Market Garden module features a lot of para scenarios. So far I 've not seen any.

Many thanks in advance.

Happy New Year to all.

Hello,

I will not make any assurances but I have been working on some uniform mod’s for myself. I plan just to do MG British and USA. When it’s done it will show up at this Location

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kpb3tobjyxq98hz/Ht_8MxIX20

Currently the only Uniform stuff there is a British MG uniform desaturation Mod but I do plan to expand on that mod.

The following picture shows the only 2 Helmet’s I see for the para guys, so I guess you want extra ones.

11887027516_1aa3fc4596_b.jpg

After doing a short search I found these 2 sites referencing British Helmet’s, if you know some better ones just post a link.

http://www.ww2britishhelmets.co.uk/home

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/helmets/british-canadian-nets-netted-helmets-220080/

ez

Ok i checked and Vein has a UK uniform mod that adds 2 really nice para helmets with scrim.

Heres the link

http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods/4910/details

But it also looks like your going to be getting more than that Nick. ;)

oo89.jpg

This was just a test i did to see how hard it is to mod this, turns out not so bad.

I've already got another 13 to work with some with/without scrim and nets.

My German stuff can wait for the moment ill try have something out this week.

Nice work on those new helmets.:cool:

For those who have them, the Dark Knight C's AB mods also offer some good options once extracted (using the mod tool) and named correctly. Here's a pic of these with some other mods by DKC, Ben Park (I think), me and some of Aris' faces renamed to apply to Brits. I also use some of George MC's Brit cuss mods and Mord's portraits.

A little experimentation/modding can provide some satisfying results in v2.00 using the great work done by earlier modders and the new ones....

Para1.jpg

Para2.jpg

Sadly, I can't get DKC's berets to work anymore due to the new way of doing things under v2.00.

yeah, you generally only want one type of wound file active at a time. otherwise, they all look like they were just thrown out of a US hospital early (for having inadequate insurance) lol.

Still, the mods look good. Thanks for posting. (If only I could figure out FRAPS.)

What can I say about all those sprained wrists......A soldier's life can be lonely one. Ahem.

But, yes, I tend to reduce the occurrence of wounds as it can grate.

Erwin - fraps. Launch it. Launch game. Choose what you want to capture. Press F10. Look in screenshots folder in fraps directory. Done.

Erwin,

Did you have anything streaming (other than your eyes) when you pressed f10? I only mention it as I had no response when pressing f10 once when taking a screenshot. Same deal, press f10, check screenshot directory, no image. Discovered that because I was watching something on catch-up that fraps had locked onto the streaming video and because of this I couldn't take a snapshot. Solution was to stop the stream and press f10 and all was well.

It was just a simple test to see if Fraps worked as advertised as so many things don't seem to do so on my system and I end up getting IT people to do it... but that's a pain.

Nothing was streaming that I am aware of. But, I have learned that with some security software, it's amazing the trouble it can cause, eg ZoneAlarm and AVG on CM exe files.

I absolutely hate messing about with computers. Reminds me of when I had an old Jag in the 70's, and I had a toolbox in the trunk/boot as there was literally a 10% chance the car would break down or have (twin Strom) carburator problems every time it went on the road. I wasted huge amounts of time on that car (mostly cleaning/rebuilding and tuning the Stroms) but now cars are reliable and I don't even want (or need) to open the hood thank you very much.

Computers and software seem to be still at the level of mid-20th century cars or early 20th century aircraft and people are still expected to be their own "mechanics". :(