CMBN Bulge 44

kohlenklau

OK, we're bringing the Bulge 44 mod over to CMBN.

a lot of file renaming and hopefully some new art as well.

greatcoats for the airborne.

gloves.

winter camo vehicles.

snowy terrain.

snowy horizons.

Some issues: correct me if I am wrong on any of this...

1. We don't have the appearance drop down for greatcoats do we?

It will end up being an all or nothing type system.

2. We don't have snow as a selectable ground condition. We will not get snow bogging as we have in CMFI. We will not be able to suffix the image file names with [snow]. We will not hear the crunch of the snow as the soldiers move. we will not see snow falling.

I think it is still worth the effort.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Steve on the Christmas Bone thread

Thanks guys! A couple of quick comments:

2. 2014 will contain a lot of new stuff, including Packs for both Italy and Normandy. Definitely the new Modern era game and probably the second Western Front Family (Oct 44 - May 45)

Steve

We were so close to having the first Eastern Front game out in 2013, so my predictions are definitely getting better :D

Steve

OK, we're bringing the Bulge 44 mod over to CMBN.

a lot of file renaming and hopefully some new art as well.

greatcoats for the airborne.

gloves.

winter camo vehicles.

snowy terrain.

snowy horizons.

Some issues: correct me if I am wrong on any of this...

1. We don't have the appearance drop down for greatcoats do we?

It will end up being an all or nothing type system.

2. We don't have snow as a selectable ground condition. We will not get snow bogging as we have in CMFI. We will not be able to suffix the image file names with [snow]. We will not hear the crunch of the snow as the soldiers move. we will not see snow falling.

I think it is still worth the effort.

I created 2 or 3 maps with your snow mods just to see how they look, and if you want to see snow falling select Downpour.

To me it looks very much like a snow/sleet combo coming down, it even sounds like it.

To sell the winter look I made the time of day dusk, strong wind, and I changed the cloud mod so the sky would have a more ominous look.

I only have the base game.

Merry Christmas fellas! Phil, after this weekend, let me know what all you'll need. I'll go through all the GL uniform mods and rename them. I'll double check all the CMBN terrain tiles and flavor objects I modded and see what's missing. I am also going to try a fast and dirty snow job on a vehicle and see how it looks, and maybe we can have more vehicles done quicker.

From the sounds of it they have the first eastern front game, the new modern game plus the refresh of the first modern game, the 3.0 upgrade plus a pack for CMBN. Not to mention a few patches along the way. I think that will chew up 2014 pretty easily.

Hmmm...makes sense.

In that case -- kohlenklau et al., go for it!

Santa got if for me for Christmas. I am reading it by the fire right now. :)

If I can have Krinkelt and Wardin master maps w scenarios done for the mods release and you have your Malmedy done then there will be some meaty maps ready to go. Then a few small ones. Ill port over Lanzerath from CMFI.

Also some of these maps can serve two roles. One in Mid December when the Germans attack and against on January when the allies are cleaning up.

Los

My original winter mod work badly needs updating. Roofs need snow; roads and terrain need reworking (green things in particular need de-saturation. A lot of work ahead. Also, the draw distance for some reason is not good when these textures are re-worked. Notice the terrain near the top of both pics. This was the case before MG, but I thought the changes to the draw distances in 2.0 would be better with this mod (it is with the unmodded terrain). Not so I guess

CMNormandy2013-12-2615-23-35-89.png

CMNormandy2013-12-2615-24-12-73.png

EDIT: It looks promisingly good!

I will start getting my head around this. I can create the first part with the snow horizons.

Mark, is there a protective strategy we can adopt to what we have to make modded snowy for terrain? in other words, can we limit map texture elements to grass, tall grass and extra tall grass? I found with CMFI GL Baraque de Fraiture map it all looked great as those 3.

No flowers, clover, weeds, etc.

And also maybe focus just on the 2 tall tree varieities?

Maybe even the same with the buildings?

Do we have to mod each roof as snowy or is this not saving much work?

PS I would love to see you mod a German vehicle as winter camo!

Thsre are the kind of things I'm wanting to know too. So for instance I have limited foliage to Tree 5 (like an evergreen) and Tree 4. Can we mod 4 without leaves?

For hedges I have used regular hedges and low bocage which resembles lots of the hedges around there.