CMBN Bulge 44

kohlenklau

Pretty much yes to everything both of you asked. I modded more than the 3 terrain pieces you mentioned, kk, and I agree that the number should be limited. But it will depend on how many terrain textures Los and you have already used in your scenarios, because depending, it can look pretty odd if certain types aren't modded but are used a lot. We don't need to do every roof, wall or flavor object either, and it's not a good idea, unless you want to show a lot of snow. I prefer the light snow look though, otherwise everything is just a white blob. I never liked using the Full Monty in FI/GL. Just so you know, I already have done most of them.

Los, I already have trees without leaves. I think it's 3 and 5, but will have to check. I can easily change them if need be.

I can't get at this though until next week.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we still have our dropbox mark if you want to throw me a half-finished project, I can try and continue your efforts. Or any other collaborative bundles you think would make sense.

I want to also go right away to get the airborne their greatcoats in CMBN.

To use the ultimate version of our CMBN Bulge 44 mod, does the downloader HAVE to have MG? I would say yes since we are gonna use some of the newer vehicles? Will we be aiming to use the region as France for all scenarios? I say yes, correct? Just confirming.

Los, I will check-out your Wardin scenario tonight. I think we should aim for a limited palette of terrain types. It seems funny without snow but looks fine when you add the snow.

we still have our dropbox mark if you want to throw me a half-finished project, I can try and continue your efforts. Or any other collaborative bundles you think would make sense.

I want to also go right away to get the airborne their greatcoats in CMBN.

I'll get back to you on Monday, Phil. We have family holidays get-together this weekend. I should be able to finish all my mods next week; certainly the uniforms and a few more flavor objects and terrain. Yes, I think MG will be a must since some of the texture names were changed in that module, and those are the ones what I intend to use.

I used tree 4 because it was a smaller tree. WRT terrain tiles I have used many of the crop types but these could be limited to several eg 1 and 2. Likewise roads include gravel, dirt, paved, cobblestone and footpath. I could remove the cobblestone. Its not a problem for me to change some tiles around after all most of this stuff is covered with snow. Are you using both deep and light snow textures of r just one type. Many of the weather options are of course grayed out in CMBN compared to CMFI.

Los

Hi guys

I would like very well to give my support, if only my knowledge in English and the modding world would be better, just to know, I following your job every day and I appreciate your ideas, and I am sure to the successful completion of your work.

However, if I can help you... it would be a pleasure.

I hope, you find the right people for your team.

Saturday morning. I am having coffee. Sober as a judge.

Diving in to give the airborne troops some greatcoats and gloves.

I am basing my file renaming on the idea that to play the CMBN MG Bulge 44 mod you must have region set as Holland. So my file renamings will have [holland] at the end.

If any of the team think that is the wrong approach, please holler out why..

"Kowalski! Once again, are you sure that accuweather.com said it was gonna snow? And you used the correct zip code, right?"

shot18_zpsc0e69387.jpg

OK, we got airborne troops with greatcoats and gloves.

They're sweating their a$$ off, but they got 'em.

EDIT: In some other folder on my PC which I couldn't find, I deleted the white coats entirely. I couldn't find it. What does everyone vote? Nix it?

I also reduced white helmets to only 1 or 2.

ok, next up are the Ardennes horizons. (Fuser's fine work, muchas gracias senor).

Back a few posts Mark showed the horizons that I did. I guess folks can pick between the 2.

I won't get the sniffles if nobody tries my bean dip at the party.

Fuser's are more mountainous and mine are just whitened version of the original CMBN Normandy fields.

I suppose you could say that each could be suitable for different parts of the Ardennes fighting?

Some Bulge period photos don't show mountainy backgrounds. Some do.

Oh, and I slapped ol' Daisy on the rear and sent her over to her new home...

so we have a winter camo vehicle. More on the way.

shot19_zpsf03dfd35.jpg

Next up is that I have to identify the filenames for the regular leg infantry US soldiers and get them greatcoats by file renaming.

I will mess around with the Scottish vehicle crew issue later.

Now I started fiddlin' with the terrain images.

Just after a few minutes I got this:

shot22_zpsd94d6f6e.jpg

I might be barkin' up the wrong foliage but I will check with Mark when he gets back from his big holiday family vacation weekend with the Griswolds.

I just used CMFI GL images and shoved them in the CMBN Z folder. Had to rename them but as long as when you make a map for CMBN MG BULGE 44 and know what you will really get when you push the grass button, it should be okay. Right?

I gotta get that pool table green felt stuff outa there. I forget what it is called. 2 beers down and my constructive time here is short....

Can you see this screenshot? Yes, it seems the text is legible. OK, this is all I grabbed from CMFI and dropped [snow] off the filename usually and plopped it in my CMBN z folder.

I guess I don't see why we need to desaturate anything. Mark, your original winter work was BEFORE CMFI GL even came out so maybe this approach I did can help you?

I think we can grab lots of terrain types and have them on the palette for CMBN MG BULGE 44 map making.

shot25_zpsc08bf4cb.jpg

Can you see this screenshot? Yes, it seems the text is legible. OK, this is all I grabbed from CMFI and dropped [snow] off the filename usually and plopped it in my CMBN z folder.

I guess I don't see why we need to desaturate anything. Mark, your original winter work was BEFORE CMFI GL even came out so maybe this approach I did can help you?

I think we can grab lots of terrain types and have them on the palette for CMBN MG BULGE 44 map making.

shot25_zpsc08bf4cb.jpg

Damn, found my secret! I was going to borrow from my CMFI/GL folders, but you beat me to the punch! Yes, my old mod was pre-CMFI. So basically, we steal everything we can from FI/GL and BFC won't be any wiser...then we can pitch them on a Bulge Module ala CM:Afghanistan, save them the time and trouble, we get the cash. I can't foresee any problems with that plan, can you?

OK, on second thought maybe we back off on the pitch to BFC, at least until we check the downloads at 1 week, 1 month, and 1 year, and then use that massive outpouring of support for our product as leverage against Steve. He's one hard sell!

But in the mean time, I think we can make short order of all the modding I was dreading (the time-suck part).

Now, leave me alone...I have pie to finish!

6AM, rise and shine!

First up: I will go fix that vehicle crew uniform problem.

Probably it shares skeleton files with the M41 uniform that I renamed onto the greatcoat files. It is getting the pants from the greatcoat but still keeping some other file image as the top trying to be a greatcoat.

Mark: If only we had the 3D tools to make for the Axis puffy winter coats and pants and hoods and mittens.

And for the US that green stocking cap like Radar O'reilly used to wear in M*A*S*H.

And I really think we should FINALLY get officer and NCO separate files for US. I need white vertical stripes on my officer helmets and the horizontal stripes for my NCO's. And occasionally some sleeve chevrons.

How can I ever make a SGT ROCK mod without massive stripes on the sleeves?

Also the winter shoe-packs. Steve should be all about that since I think they were made by LL Bean. Doesn't everybody who lives in Maine shop there?

vehicle uniform issue all fixed.

shot26_zps8a077424.jpg

Nobody voted on the decision but I will go in and get rid of the white greatcoats. And reduce white helmets to only one.

Speaking of helmets, I am seeing an issue on the helmets. A circular brown swirl. Maybe the 3D process spreads out and rotates the helmet bmp and what looks like a harmless tiny brown dot on the bmp becomes an extruded brown ring on the final displayed screen image. I am sure I didn't use the proper terminology but that is how I describe it.

Can you see it in this shot? I just also re-noticed that "US" is reversed on the cartridge belt.

shot27_zpscfb5e681.jpg