The manual

What's up guys.

I have a few question about the package and especially the manual. I often play wargames but I'm not a general, I 'll be more of a private or sarge. That's why I wonder about the content of the manual. Will it have all the vehicles and their facts and figures (amor strength, fire power, speed, turret speed, etc.), all the infantry troops with their weapons etc. I think you get what I mean. More to that will there be advise, hints, or any help on the tactics, the way the tanks should be used or the infantry ? The way the leaders should be "used" ? How to take profit of those big 88 ?

I have no military training, all I know comes from the bitter loses when I played against friends.

Thanx

Great game. Really the best. Good work, keep it up.

Perhaps all you mention here could be included in en electronic manual to keep the cost of printing down? Adding some files to the CD makes no difference. Adding, say 50 pages to a printed manual is sending the printing costs through the roof, I guess.

As to tactical advice, perhaps we could use a forum like this? Not to mention the fact that after you have tried to overun a battery of 88's with Shermans, you won't do it again... smile.gif I.e, learn by doing.

CM is also one of the few (the only one?) games where it's almost intuitive what must be done! "Now, putting those guns behind that building is perhaps a good ambush, but I won't be able to use them unless the enemy comes down that road. Better to hide them on that hill yonder."

Oh my, I can't wait till the game is released!!! smile.gif

Hawk

------------------

Our's is not to reason "why", our's is but to do and die!

You can already get a great deal of the information you are talking about whilst playing a game by selecting a unit and clicking enter. You can get all vehicle stats etc. I find this may even be more convenient than a manual because the information is right there for you in the game, no flipping through pages. smile.gif From I can remember though, they will include some penetration charts and stuff.

I think the manual should be on the CD in HTML or, better yet, Adobe Acrobat format rather than hardcopy. Just include a quick reference card at most for printed material. Don't have a box either, just the CD jewel case. This would minimize costs.

-Ren

I'll take HTML or printed anyday, over Adobe. What's the point of an electronic format you can't (easily) copy text from? In a fat format to boot?

I was impressed with the ease of switching between the demo and its manual (though IIRC, you could only do so in the "Plot" phase). I'm not sure a printed manual matters- but a COMPLETE manual matters. This was one of SP's greatest failings.

Formula: Start with the definition- go from the general to the particular- examples last.

If this manual is half as good as the demo, it will be the best manual in the business, too.