How I Miss the Bocage...

Interesting you should say this. I can't say I've noticed troops bothering with notional "doors"; have I been fortunate, or is there something else you mean...? And when you say "open" you mean "not enclosed", rather than "open and devoid of cover"?

I'd have to go back and look. It's been a bit since I've really paid attention to building tile rubble. I've mostly experimented with creating the rubble look though elevation etc. and yes I meant not enclosed.

Love those pics Vanir, I'd pay full price for a module that would add that in game. :D

I was trying to sneak some info out of you db_zero..since we are in a battle right now :) I was hoping you would not realise it was me :P

Sneak some info? You're making nice progress and those tanks are a real headache. For me its all about extracting as much blood as possible and dying heroically.

As the OP said concentrating firepower is the key-that cures 90% of the time and you have a big advantage in firepower.

Kenzie, machine guns are much better at suppressing enemies behind bocage. Use Target Light and you will likely have better results.

That's what I'm saying though. With enemies behind hedgerows, I usually have to suppress and launch infantry assaults on their positions to root them out, which isn't always that easy. Putting a tank shell into the side of a building can sometimes blow up an entire squad though. Buildings are vulnerable to panzerschreck or bazooka rockets as well, since they're such big targets.

IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT TYPE OF BATTLE IT IS, THE WINNING SOLUTION IS FIREPOWER. WHATEVER METHOD TO USE TO GET THE ADVANTAGE IN FIREPOWER IS A GOOD TACTIC.

As long as you are doing things that provide you situations where you have a major firepower advantage you are good. no more advice needed.

While I agree this is a very good tactic and solution, there is room for nuance. Many battles in MG the British are outgunned from the geto and the restrictive and channelizing nature of urban warfare can make it risky to always strive for trying to gain a firepower advantage as the German tanks can easily inflict heavy casualties on infantry in buildings.

Sneak some info? You're making nice progress and those tanks are a real headache. For me its all about extracting as much blood as possible and dying heroically.

As the OP said concentrating firepower is the key-that cures 90% of the time and you have a big advantage in firepower.

Those paras though are bloody tough and their stens n brens can do some serious damage

While I agree this is a very good tactic and solution, there is room for nuance. Many battles in MG the British are outgunned from the geto and the restrictive and channelizing nature of urban warfare can make it risky to always strive for trying to gain a firepower advantage as the German tanks can easily inflict heavy casualties on infantry in buildings.

Actually, it is easier to find areas in the city while on defence to have fire power advantages in localized areas for awhile. Ambush or kill zones. You look for locations where it will be hard for the offensive player to be able to bring firepower back on you except from one general area, thus making his advantage useless. It is easier to find these spots in the city more than any other terrain. Then you start to think how he might try to out manuver that location and set up blocks for them routes also. Then when and if he starts to break you defence. Pull everyone back to the next spot or behind the next line of defence and begin again.

Defence is much harder to be good at than offence, but when you manage to get it right. It is much more rewarding when you bet a enemy that has you out gunned.

Anyway, I find for myself anyway, that city fighting is a good place to have to be a defender. I have had much more success in that terrain than many other types while on defence.

Having rubble generated in some/all adjacent ASs would be a welcome increase in verisimilitude.

Agreed. Some "ragged edges" in terms of rubbled buildings would be nice, instead of the neat little squares we have now. The same could be said for stone & brick walls that have had a section blasted out.