Kampfgruppe Chill

Hello Combat mission community, I would like to recommend a book by the name of AUTUMN GALE/HERBST STURM. I just received this book yesterday and it is Magnificent. The authors Jack Didden and Maarten Swarts have created an incredible work which deals with Kampfgruppe Chill, schwere Heeres Panzerjager-Abteilung 559 and the German recovery in the autumn of 1944. If you have Market Garden then this book is a must have.

I was at the war museum in Overloon, Holland today. Their collection of vehicles is truly amazing. They had the book in the gift shop. Had not seen it before, just published it seems. It costs 65 euro. That is a bit steep, but he book looks really really great. I resisted buying it (my wife was with me...). But I will get is later I think (when the wife is not looking, he he he).

I have read another book by these authors, "Einddoel Maas", which is almost 30 years old. Great book that too.

You must have great luck at the used book stores then (I have in years gone by). These days I am regularly, though fortunately not always, paying over $20 for new books, even some paperbacks.

Michael

Kindle takes care of 90% of my book purchases and saves me anywhere from 30-50% of what I used to spend. I however will continue to buy hardcopy of any that have charts, photos, maps etc that I really want the full size image.

I have started using the kindle app on my PC and that is actually giving me a little leeway on some of the above.

Basically kindle is financing my CM habit and then some. :D

I have started using the kindle app on my PC and that is actually giving me a little leeway on some of the above.

That is something I haven't tried and probably should. Thing is, I really don't like to read long passages off a screen. I can just barely force myself to read the CM manual off a screen, and I can't do that in one sitting.

Michael

That is something I haven't tried and probably should. Thing is, I really don't like to read long passages off a screen. I can just barely force myself to read the CM manual off a screen, and I can't do that in one sitting.

Michael

Michael, Kindle has nothing in common with a typical screen. It is electronic ink which you read like a typical book.. Once you see how it looks like you will understand what I mean.

Michael, Kindle has nothing in common with a typical screen. It is electronic ink which you read like a typical book.. Once you see how it looks like you will understand what I mean.

Uh, I did try one that a friend leant me. Granted, it is a little different from a computer monitor, it isn't different enough for me. I am considering getting an iPad, which while not optimized for reading e-books the way a Kindle is, will also do other things of use to me.

Michael