Bizzare AT gun dismount

At the start of the turn the order given to the limbered 6Pder AT gun is to 'Dismount'; so as to place the gun near the hedge on the road (this from a scenario in the Scottish Corridor)

Within one minute, one man moves the gun down the road, through a fence and up into the field, with the rest of the crew following.

Apart from the fact that there is no obvious reason why the gun should so move, the physical act is impossible. No four men could unhitch a gun and move it that far in one minute - one man; contender for the strongest man in the world contest?

I could see the gun maybe ending up in the road, somewhere near the carrier but over in the next field?

I have a save game file if needed.

Screen%20shot%201%2050%25.jpg

CM%20Normandy%202%2050%25.jpg

CM%20Normandy%203%2050%25.jpg

CM%20Normandy%204%2050%25.jpg

You are right but that sort of event is at least in the realms of the possible; this is physically impossible under any circumstances.

Interestingly it has taken another 10 turns or so to get the gun back to where it was, with four men. It has also always shown up as still limbered and, no matter what I do, I cannot get the gun to point in the right direction, it just describes a complete circle.

Hmmm... I've not come across such extreme AT gun behaviour before. The odd bit of twirling in place, trying to get it pointed in the right direction but nothing like this level of displacement.

In terms of the scenario in which it has taken place, it is potentially disastrous as it takes the AT gun completely out of effective action for about 15 minutes. So, to my mind, this is a pretty serious flaw/bug or whatever it is.

Can we actually move an AT gun without a vehicle? I tried to move a German AT gun in one scenario, but after about 5 minutes, it still didn't move even though I was able to give it a "Move" command. This was in version 2.01.