Can AT Guns Be Re-Manned?

Tanks can be re manned, so if the gun could be tricked into thinking it was a tank, it could be re manned.

If a tank, in CM, is an entity, whose distinguishing features are a gun, wheels, and armor protection, then an AT gun could be a tank, but with next to no armor protection, very slow to move, and a very low profile.

Afaik currently guns are modelled as infantry - so once it is dead, it is dead.

Strange, I wonder why it was chosen to be modeled as such, it much more clearly fits the definition of a vehicle. Crew, armour, weapon system etc.

Perhaps it's to do with the fact it can be attached to another vehicle OR pushed?

It does seem strange.

Something to be fixed, definitely!

Not really. Re-manning an operative gun was uncommon though it surely happened occasionally. Like under a mortar barrage. There were severe penalties for AT crews deserting their guns without first spiking them. Like a court martial.

What the game could use is a reverse mode for AT guns. But they'd need to reclassify it as a vehicle.

Gun crews sometimes would have a shelter to keep them safe when they were shelled. Once the shelling stopped they would rush to their gun (provided the gun was not damaged by the shellfire). That would be a nice feature, but the gun needs to be able to recrew a gun to do that. It would add to the survivability of AT/IG guns. Which would be a good thing IMHO.

Gun crews sometimes would have a shelter to keep them safe when they were shelled. Once the shelling stopped they would rush to their gun (provided the gun was not damaged by the shellfire).

So... the crews can be X number of meters from the gun and still re-crew it. But if they're Y number of meters that can't? Who determines this distance? When does a gun become definitively disabled? What are the penalties for abandoning an intact piece? None? Prohibitive? It's easy when we throw out suggestions like yours. Believe me, Battlefront has thought these things through. And so far they haven't been to come up with a solution that accommodates your- superficially reasonable- requests. Put on the developer's hat.

There are algorithms that determine when a tank crew abandons their tank, when an AT team running FAST stops under AI control to fire at a tank, when an inf unit breaks and runs, etc. etc... One can criticize all of the AI decisions. But, on the whole, they work.

Gun crews often seem to wander off on their own accord which bothers me far more than what parameters it would take for them to take cover under a barrage. What is the fundemental difference? If it "feels right" the vast majority of players are happy.

Perhaps it's to do with the fact it can be attached to another vehicle OR pushed?

I think that is it - a vehicle cannot be a passenger in another vehicle. Bottom line though us sitting around the water cooler saying just do that is actually kind of pathetic. Steve has addressed this issue before and said changing the coding is actually a fair bit of work and not worth it at this point. He might even be right. :)

Gun crews sometimes would have a shelter to keep them safe when they were shelled. Once the shelling stopped they would rush to their gun (provided the gun was not damaged by the shellfire). That would be a nice feature, but the gun needs to be able to recrew a gun to do that. It would add to the survivability of AT/IG guns. Which would be a good thing IMHO.

That I agree would be a good thing so some day I hope we can see this.