Sun Bug?

All these discussions on location of the Sun based on seasons. I learnt somefink new recently. A few days ago was the Autumnal Equinox - FYI: the day/night time is not exactly 12:00 and 12:00 on that day. That usually occurs a few days after the Equinox.

You're smarter now.

Actually, I've known that for years. Does that mean I have been smarter for years? Yes, probably it does.

:)

Michael

BTW... when you zoom in CM Sun ... It has pulse aprox 1 sec.. aprox... Does anybody noticed

that clouds are moving in this game? Funny...In real time mode it's normal thing..but in WEGO,while you are thinking the next move, the sun and clouds are moving in almost in the real time,so if you're very slow and scenario is very long ( theoretically) you can end up in the dark (night) or even in the next morning ( sistem in sistem)

Huh, I'm drunk and sorry for my poor english....

A

...but in WEGO,while you are thinking the next move, the sun and clouds are moving in almost in the real time...

Yeah, I noticed in one of the dawn scenarios the scene was getting lighter as I pondered my move.

...so if you're very slow and scenario is very long ( theoretically) you can end up in the dark (night) or even in the next morning...

Well, not exactly. The other thing I noticed was that when I hit GO the scene went back to the level of lighting appropriate to the clock time. Based on that, I suspect that in order for it to do what you say, you'd probably have to leave the computer with the game still running for several hours.

BTW, I find this feature kind of handy sometimes. If the game is set to begin in the predawn hours, and the map is still too dark even with with Alt-B toggled, just waiting a few minutes will usually result in it brightening enough for me to see what I need to see.

Michael

Well, not exactly. The other thing I noticed was that when I hit GO the scene went back to the level of lighting appropriate to the clock time

I wasn't paying attention on this...too busy with clouds ;)

Based on that, I suspect that in order for it to do what you say, you'd probably have to leave the computer with the game still running for several hours.

Exactly my thoughts.

Spoken like a gentleman! Now all you need to do is buy the next dozen rounds and everything will be tickery-do.

:)

Michael

Having followed this thread, I don't know if it has always been present and I have been subconsciously alerted to look for it, or it is genuinely the first time it has happened to me: but in loading a PBEM turn in a CMBN scenario (Huzzar!), I realised that I could see the sun glare through / on the black password request screen. All other map detail is hidden behind the black screen, but the sun glare alone is visible. Raised a link with me about the comments made here on when and how the sun glare effect is created in the order of the screen redraws?

As an aside, the time is 06:35 on 7 August 1944; being neither a weather nor an astronomy grog, IMHO the sun is too far north of east (going by the compass-like thingy) and too low in the sky for that time and date ...

And "tickery-do"? Surely "tickety-boo"????? :)

And "tickery-do"? Surely "tickety-boo"????? :)

You're absolutely right. I remembered that some hours after I wrote what I did, but it was too late to change it then. :(

Re the sun: What is the latitude where you live? If you are in the US, chances are you are pretty far to the south of the Normandy battlefields, and the effect becomes more pronounced as you travel towards the poles. I live in the Pacific Northwest and the effects are very pronounced here, but maybe where you live are less so. As for the sun being too close to the horizon at the hour given, remember the Allies are using Double Summer Time, which would be two hours later than astronomical time. In other words, by astronomical time it would be only 4:35 AM. Something similar was also true for the Germans who were on Berlin time I believe.

Michael

You're absolutely right. I remembered that some hours after I wrote what I did, but it was too late to change it then. :(

Re the sun: What is the latitude where you live? If you are in the US, chances are you are pretty far to the south of the Normandy battlefields, and the effect becomes more pronounced as you travel towards the poles. I live in the Pacific Northwest and the effects are very pronounced here, but maybe where you live are less so. As for the sun being too close to the horizon at the hour given, remember the Allies are using Double Summer Time, which would be two hours later than astronomical time. In other words, by astronomical time it would be only 4:35 AM. Something similar was also true for the Germans who were on Berlin time I believe.

Michael

If I ever knew about the Double Summer Time thing, I had completely forgotten it. The 4:35 am astronomical time certainly fits with the sun angle, and now makes that entirely credible. Excellent point.

I live in the north of England in the UK: I think its latitude is slightly higher than yours. But my comment on the sun direction was based only on my completely unscientific inference from everyday observation here, and is not something I'd go the wire over. In fact, the weather here is notoriously cloudy and damp; we probably see the sun so infrequently it is just a surprise it appears at all ...

I live in the north of England in the UK: I think its latitude is slightly higher than yours.

More than slightly actually. For comparison, I am on about the same latitude as Vienna.

In fact, the weather here is notoriously cloudy and damp; we probably see the sun so infrequently it is just a surprise it appears at all ...

:D

Michael

If I ever knew about the Double Summer Time thing, I had completely forgotten it. The 4:35 am astronomical time certainly fits with the sun angle, and now makes that entirely credible. Excellent point.

I live in the north of England in the UK: I think its latitude is slightly higher than yours. But my comment on the sun direction was based only on my completely unscientific inference from everyday observation here, and is not something I'd go the wire over. In fact, the weather here is notoriously cloudy and damp; we probably see the sun so infrequently it is just a surprise it appears at all ...

Where do you live old chap? I'm in Liverpool.

Lets remember the UK is alot warmer than it should be due to the gulf stream, without that we'd be more like Alaska I'd expect.

Where do you live old chap? I'm in Liverpool.

Lets remember the UK is alot warmer than it should be due to the gulf stream, without that we'd be more like Alaska I'd expect.

Hi Wodin: small world! I was born and raised in Liverpool. I left there to go to university (now a looong time ago!), but have never gone back there to live permanently. Having moved around a bit, I'm now in Lytham St Annes, peering at Southport across the Ribble Estuary: when one can see that far through the low cloud and rainstorms ... :) (Though the weather today is making a liar of me, brilliant day here.)