BATTLE DRILL - A CM Tactics Blog

Transport a split squad in a truck. It is useful as you can order their deployment prior their dismount.

tutorial.jpg

Dismount the squad and split them. Give the truck a movement order and press pause. Units will mount a paused truck but won't dismount if given a dismount order. This feature stops the unit from combining into a single squad.

tutorialb.jpg

Final overview.

tutorialc.jpg

This technique works with all transport vehicles in CM. I found it useful with APC as the squad at times acts as a gunner too. Now you can keep a two men team in the APC to act as a gunner. 

Snipers during an engagement let him do his thing in the background and he won't let you down. Find him good concealment and as in real life keep a log of how he got his kills. Best don't over micromanage him.

sniper.jpg

sniperb.jpg

2 seconds difference between the screenshots. I give him the credit as no sound was observed. He survived a 25-pounder barrage, 75 mm HE but not a single .303 round. 

On 9/12/2013 at 5:20 AM, Bil Hardenberger said:

Blog Update: I just posted the procedure on how to get a tank into a good hull down position.

Enjoy.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-eUs9UOqlp8E/UjErPxbfWdI/AAAAAAAAAm4/ne2LVjELaL0/s1600/HD-001.png

Is nice and intructive sometimes to come back to older posts, thank you Bill to take times to also explain in details this one and many many others !

JM

The biggest problem with any attempt to get a "hull-down" position is that many times, the vehicle goes from "partial hull-down" to "no LOS" without achieving the ideal "hull down" position.  I have spent lengthy periods of time moving a vehicle a tiny distance (a meter or less) this way and then that way and it's too often impossible to get "hull down".