panzerfaust 30k

I tested this earlier. The 30k fires just fine but like the other faust, you have to be in spitting range to get your guys to use them. From the looks of the video your guys got off one regular faust shot (resulting in a kill) then were hammered by the second tank. I don't think this incident would be considered an ideal situation. You charged two Shermans head-on with a squad, I was surprised your guys were able get in the licks they did. If you hadn't been suppressed and murdered within a couple seconds the guy might have fired the 30k. Try it from an ambush position where your guys aren't taking a mass of incoming, panicking, cowering, and dying, and I'll bet you get a different outcome.

I'd chalk the grenade throw up to; panic, stress, chaos, 100 rounds of incoming machine gun fire, and the other tank crew running around in the background.

Mord.

Also, handgrenades are quick to grab and throw. I'm rereading Storms of Steel by E.J. atm and there is one incident where he describes a shadowy figure appearing in front of him in a nighttime action and reacts by instantly throwing a grenade after him. It happened to be a friendly NCO who luckily wasn't hurt by it.