Show Your Best Screenshots - Reborn

All "Show Your Best Screenshot"-threads that i could find using the forum search where closed, so i decideded to create a new one.

The ATGM in the picture below went underneath the BMP and detonated behind it :eek: i guess the crew needs new pants now :D

wvk7.jpg

tcqe.jpg

• 8 months later...

Well, CM isn't competing with ARMA. I played ARMA and as a run of the mill First Person Shooter, it's has pretty poor depth/realism compared with the gameplay depth of CM.

Great graphics and poor gameplay depth are common. The content of CM is unique, and that's what makes it a better game.

Well, CM isn't competing with ARMA. I played ARMA and as a run of the mill First Person Shooter, it's has pretty poor depth/realism compared with the gameplay depth of CM.

Great graphics and poor gameplay depth are common. The content of CM is unique, and that's what makes it a better game.

Well, like it or not, graphics are part of the enjoyment of a game. This isn't the 90s and the era of 1024 resolution anymore. I'm not saying that CMSF looks bad, but it is lagging quite a bit now when compared to the more recent titles in the family.

That, and I find it a touch ironic that you of all people - who's constantly chasing down graphics mods - would make such a statement. If graphics don't mean all that much to you, it would stand to reason that you wouldn't care all that much about trying to make the game look better.

Erwin,

when it comes to depth/realism/atmosphere, it really depends on how you play ARMA and what mods you use. Take Arma2, add a couple of realism mods like ACE and ACRE, join a realism-oriented gaming community and you will soon find yourself experiencing the intense atmosphere of probably the most realistic and complex first person military shooter available to the civillian market. But, as i have to admit, the vanilla game isnt particularily realistic and playing ARMA2 in one of the more limited game modes like singleplayer is, at least for me, nothing but outright boring.

I like to make any game look as good as possible. But, for a developer there is a financial trade off between great graphics and things like great AI, and depth of gameplay. All I was trying to say is that CM fans have their priority to be great gameplay and AI...

And BF is just about the ONLY company that has not gone out of business providing great immersive gameplay and AI. So, I try and not bitch about graphics. I don't even care about the shell hole decals that some are excited about.

• 2 weeks later...
I played ARMA and as a run of the mill First Person Shooter, it's has pretty poor depth/realism compared with the gameplay depth of CM.

Then im sorry Erwin but your doing it wrong.

I agree with Agusto, the ARMA series (besides A3) absolutely does not lack in any way depth or realism. The game is yours to make. As posted above, with ACE 2 and a realistic gameplay oriented group, it is the best combat simulation product in existance, as I know a few members of this forum who were also part of an old ARMA group I was part of will attest to.

Sorry for going offtopic,

Cheers.

yeah... vs AI, I wasn't impressed with ARMA. All the running about, the complexity of moving units, selecting teams etc. I felt that I could not keep up with the AI troops who imo were doing silly things.

However, I can see that playing RT online with only humans would be a very exciting/traumatic experience. But, I rarely have that much contiguous time.

A big reason that folks like me like games vs AI is that we can do a few minutes, stop for any length of time, and come back to it at our convenience.

I really did enjoy the old Panzer Elite PC game vs AI that was out at the turn of the century(?) That was similar-ish in scale to ARMA but way more crude and very buggy of course.

different strokes etc...