Gustav Line - No Churchills?

Purely curious, were there no Churchill tanks in Italy during this time period?

I love my lumbering hulks of doom and was a bit disappointed that I couldn't see them in the British armoured list, think I was trying May 44, I *think*, so there may be a period that they arrive - if there is I'd appreciate someone telling me when that is!

Cheers

They don't appear in British Armoured Regiments, but they are in the independent (heavy) tank battalions.

Go the scenario editor, pick British Armour, and purchase a Tank Battalion. You'll have a whole variety of Churchills to play with.

This is with whatever default date appears when you fire up the editor. I don't know what changes over the course of a year.

Pevs86,

At the risk of being branded a shameless self promoter, may I direct your mouse cursor to the following link: http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=2720

Therein, you may be delighted to discover a spreadsheet detailing the unit availability of Gustav Line forces, broken down into month of first appearance.

You are free to scorn the author of said document for the conniving and backhanded method of self-aggrandizing advertising he is employing here, of the most foppish fashion. :D

I was a bit saddened to find out that there are no 75mm-in-the-turret variants in Italy. The lumbering hulks of doom feel a bit impotent with their popguns. That said, I am in love with the Churchill Mark 1 and it's hull-mounted 75mm. :D

Churchill NA75 was like CMBN Sherman Jumbo and four other vehicles I can think of off the top of my head. They THOUGHT they were going to include it until they located a reliable in-theater intro date. So we had a little "Oh expletive!" moment then removed the offending vehicle. You notice M10 TD and M8 Greyhound never made it into Sicily basegame? "Oh expletive!" :D