Buddy aid at the wrong time.

I had a perfect ambush set up with a shreck team. The team took out a Sherman but the ammo bearer of the team got hit. The tube guy crawled over to give buddy aid and while he was giving buddy aid a second tank, a Stuart, that was following the Sherman went by also. The tube guy never looked up as the Stuart drove by at about 30m. I don't think this would happen IRL.

I like when the troops behave like humans rather than robots. As someone already suggested, the wounded bearer could have been the bazookaman's best friend in the world.

Or maybe the wounded ammo bearer just had all the remaining shreck rounds in his pocket and in order to get them the guy who had the shreck gave him buddy aid. But i like it too that troops behave more human in CM than in other games, this very much adds to an immersive gaming experience.

This issue raises the question of how much "chaos" belongs in CM. As much as I hate it when it happens to me, in simulation terms I accept when soldiers sometimes take the less perfect route or run for a different corner than my perfect plan required. I really like the machine gun changes to CMBN because they produce behavior more in line with what I've read about.

I'd love to see a greater distinction in discipline and predictability across troop levels (green, elite, etc.). Less experienced and less well-trained troops should waste more time and make more blunders, though not enough to be predictable about it.

Or maybe the wounded ammo bearer just had all the remaining shreck rounds in his pocket and in order to get them the guy who had the shreck gave him buddy aid. But i like it too that troops behave more human in CM than in other games, this very much adds to an immersive gaming experience.

Yes, and the bearer had fallen on top of his ammo bag and was a big er hefty guy and the tube guy was trying to roll him off the bag, cursing at him all the while, and was so "motivated" that getting the round was all that mattered to him. and the tank going by didn't even faze him. That could happen IRL.

I just thought of another of Cat Molester's qualities, or assets, that's admirable: his kick-*** computer system. Sure, he displays it in his sig, but not in Bold type or anything garish.

However, they say he goes through a lot of compressed air cans keeping the keyboard pristine. ;)

And I bet that on the rare occasions when you do get invited to parties, as soon as you come in the door the hostess hands you a plastic bag. :D Michael

If you think that's awkward, imagine the look on her face when he starts grooming his inner thigh. I'll say this much though, that cat is clean!

... I do find myself wishing for a dedicated "render aid" command, especially if it could be tied to multiple AS or as an area effect.

This could be useful since often the casualty is lying where 4 AS's meet and it can be difficult to know to which AS you should send your loote... er medic.

I just thought of another of Cat Molester's qualities, or assets, that's admirable: his kick-*** computer system. Sure, he displays it in his sig, but not in Bold type or anything garish.

Meh, he has ATI cards. Everyone knows Nvidia will rule the world ;)

Yes, and the bearer had fallen on top of his ammo bag and was a big er hefty guy and the tube guy was trying to roll him off the bag, cursing at him all the while, and was so "motivated" that getting the round was all that mattered to him. and the tank going by didn't even faze him. That could happen IRL.

Actually i was serious and thinking about the game mechanics when i wrote that. The ammo bearer gets killed. The shreck guy is out of shreck ammo, so he cant engage the tank. No infantry targets are in the area. So he startes to give the ammo bearer buddy aid.

Actually i was serious and thinking about the game mechanics when i wrote that. The ammo bearer gets killed. The shreck guy is out of shreck ammo, so he cant engage the tank. No infantry targets are in the area. So he startes to give the ammo bearer buddy aid.

Yes, I was serious also in that the tube guy was helpless confronting a tank with no shreck ammo and was , maybe, trying to get some. Made more sense to me than trying to give aid with a tank 40m away. Seems more real to me.