Dereliction of Duty? (C2 issue)

If a squad or team is out of contact with its immediate superior (usually a platoon HQ) then its company or battalion HQ may provide voice and close visual contact, but not radio or distant-visual contact. This simulates that a higher HQ can't babysit a large number of units more than one level lower in the organization, and it means that higher HQs can't be used in a gamey way to make platoon HQs unnecessary, but they can step in and provide command-and-control in a limited radius in emergency situations.

-- CMBN manual, pg 97

In this game my 4th plt. HQ was wiped out (it was just one guy to begin with). So I sent my C company HQ to the front line to take over. At first it was working fine. All the 4th plt units within voice or close visual range were showing themselves in C2 in the UI. But then at some point it just... stopped. I'm not sure exactly when it happened, but I noticed that none of the 4th plt units were in C2 anymore, despite being in close proximity to their company HQ. From that point on they never would establish C2 with the company HQ again, even when in the same action spot. None of them are suppressed. The company commander is alive and well.

The forward observer team directly under the company HQ is still in C2 when near it. Am I misunderstanding the game mechanics in some way or is this a bug?

(images deleted)

Save game:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x2uq74pwovv6xxu/uwyFPblFdq

Battalion HQ is off-map. That green dot actually means 3rd squad's company HQ is in C2 with battalion, not 3rd squad itself.

I should say that all of the squads/teams in those pics are 4th platoon. None are in C2 with C company HQ or with any other HQ.