Redownloading

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No it hasn't, people just keep stating and restating they think they should have to pay full price again, and not explaining how they deduce that conclusion given the text during the payment process.

Alright, i will talk you through this slowly and try to point out my arguements explicitly. I dont want to appear arrogant or something, you just litteraly asked for this and i want to prevent misunderstanding. During the purchasing process when a customer buys the DL only version of the game, the customer gets the following information at the BFC store interface:

1) The game is distributed via download and only via download. This done by giving a download link to the customer wich directs his browser to the files wich is then able to transfer them to the sutomers computer.

2) The downloadlink will expire after 365 days or 10 downloads and will then automatically be disabled.

The only valid conclusion from this information would be that after the download expired, there is no further possibility to access the game files at the BFC servers after the expiration date. It would not be justified to assume that you will be able to download the files again after the link is deactivated.

You however conclude from the following assumptions:

1) The game is distributed via download and only via download. This done by giving a download link to the customer wich directs his browser to the files wich is then able to transfer them to the sutomers computer.

2) The downloadlink will expire after 365 days or 10 downloads and will then automatically be disabled.

3) The downloadlink however is only the meaning of distribution. The customer owns the BFC software he bought, no matter if it is located on his computer or on the BFC servers

And 3) is not a valid statement. If i remember the user agreement correctly, the contract you have with BFC states that you dont own the game but only the rights to play it. This has nothing to do with the distribution process. The contract however does include your right to use the distribution process offered by BFC, wich would be the 365 days or 10 times download in that case. It is not within BFCs responsbility to make sure you have acsess to the game files beyond the distributin agreement you had with them.

So although your conclusion is logically correct, your asssumptions were wrong. And thus your conclusion is not a valid statement about reality.

Alright, i will talk you through this slowly and try to point out my arguements explicitly. I dont want to appear arrogant or something, you just litteraly asked for this and i want to prevent misunderstanding. During the purchasing process when a customer buys the DL only version of the game, the customer gets the following information at the BFC store interface:

The only valid conclusion from this information would be that after the download expired, there is no further possibility to access the game files at the BFC servers after the expiration date. It would not be justified to assume that you will be able to download the files again after the link is deactivated.

You however conclude from the following assumptions:

3) The downloadlink however is only the meaning of distribution. The customer owns the BFC software he bought, no matter if it is located on his computer or on the BFC servers

And 3) is not a valid statement. If i remember the user agreement correctly, the contract you have with BFC states that you dont own the game but only the rights to play it. This has nothing to do with the distribution process. The contract however does include your right to use the distribution process offered by BFC, wich would be the 365 days or 10 times download in that case. It is not within BFCs responsbility to make sure you have acsess to the game files beyond the distributin agreement you had with them.

So although your conclusion is logically correct, your asssumptions were wrong. And thus your conclusion is not a valid statement about reality.

The problem is that it isnt stated anywhere that I would have to pay more money after 365 days. Why is this so hard for you invalids you understand?

The only valid conclusion from this information would be that after the download expired, there is no further possibility to access the game files at the BFC servers after the expiration date.

Not true, because a link expiring doesn't mean there is no possibility of accessing the resource that the link lead to. You may be able to get a new link (as many other distribution services), or there may be multiple links. There is no reason to conclude that the resource will be permanently inaccessible (barring the fee, which is never indicated).

The problem is that it isnt stated anywhere that I would have to pay more money after 365 days. Why is this so hard for you invalids you understand?

jesus christ...i have rarely met people that resistant to rational thought.

Ok fine, you can still direct your attention to that list you quoted.

You would be hard pressed to find anyone on that list that guarantees in writing that you can download their software free forever.

My final word ... The $5 charge is simply a way for BF to cover the cost of bandwidth. If you buy a CD you have to pay for shipping, If you download software someone has to pay for the bandwidth to deliver it, there are costs associated with everything in business.

3) is not a valid statement. If i remember the user agreement correctly, the contract you have with BFC states that you dont own the game but only the rights to play it. This has nothing to do with the distribution process. The contract however does include your right to use the distribution process offered by BFC, wich would be the 365 days or 10 times download in that case. It is not within BFCs responsbility to make sure you have acsess to the game files beyond the distributin agreement you had with them.

If I have the right to play the game having paid the purchase price, then I need to have access to the installer and thus the rest of the game content, otherwise I can't play. Therefore barring the user access to the installer and any other game content is violating the user's right to play the game.

It really isn't rocket science to read that and think right after 365 days I can't re download the game as they say they aren't a download service. I best back up a few times just to be sure. Whoops all my back ups are corrupt after a terrible bout of luck..oh yippee for $5 I can get it back..hurrah I thought I'd have to buy it again.

I would like to know after reading the terms and conditions what you thought it all meant.

You would be hard pressed to find anyone on that list that guarantees in writing that you can download their software free forever.

My final word ... The $5 charge is simply away for BF to cover the cost of bandwidth. If you buy a CD you have to pay for shipping, If you download software someone has to pay for the bandwidth to deliver it, there are costs associated with everything in business.

Your final word is you bending over to accept your glorious battlefront master ***** and they slide the slim jim in and out of your ruined rectum moaning with pleasure as they take 5 dollars from your pocket as a **** cleaning fee every time they do.

I just registered to say that I'm really disappointed in hearing about this policy. I bought Combat Mission: Battle For Normandy and was planning on buying more of Battlefront's games and modules at some later date, but not if I have to pay another $5 for the game if my backups fail, for whatever reason.

Not true, because a link expiring doesn't mean there is no possibility of accessing the resource that the link lead to.

For you, it is. For you, as a sutomer, the link is the only way to get access to the game files. It is clearly stated at the BFC store that the DL link will be the only way for a person who bought the DL only version to acsess the game files located at the BFC servers. Of course there are in theory other means of accessing the files at the servers, but as i said, for you, as a sutomer, the link is the only way to get access to the game files and this is made clear at the store.

You may be able to get a new link (as many other distribution services), or there may be multiple links. There is no reason to conclude that the resource will be permanently inaccessible (barring the fee, which is never indicated).

Those are asumptions you are making. If you conclude from mere asumptions that you have not checked wether they are true or not, you cannot expect the conclusion to be a valid statement.

If I have the right to play the game having paid the purchase price, then I need to have access to the installer and thus the rest of the game content, otherwise I can't play. Therefore barring the user access to the installer and any other game content is violating the user's right to play the game.

You had the installer..infact you had access to it from here for 365 days. Once you received your installer and after reading the terms and conditions that make it obvious you can only get access for 365 days it's your responsibility to make sure you have it backed up and secure, and that means as already mentioned countless times a few back ups on different devices or using different formats.

Thinking about it this is typical of society today. Unwilling to accept any responsibility whatsoever.

I just registered to say that I'm really disappointed in hearing about this policy. I bought Combat Mission: Battle For Normandy and was planning on buying more of Battlefront's games and modules at some later date, but not if I have to pay another $5 for the game if my backups fail, for whatever reason.

The installers are the same for everyone. You can just ask if someone here is willing to (temporarily) upload it.

Uh, well what would be the point of explicitly stating an expiration date or a download limit if you could download the game an infinite number of times until the day you die? Answer - there wouldn't be a point. You seem to understand the policy. You don't like the policy - we get that. You want to download the game again for free in spite of your understanding of the policy - we all get that too. Now all you are doing is stomping your feet and rolling in the aisle of the grocery store because mommy won't get that bag of candy for you.

No one falls for duplicate accounts my friend.

Ha ha ha ha ha love it.

For you, it is. For you, as a sutomer, the link is the only way to get access to the game files. It is clearly stated at the BFC store that the DL link will be the only way for a person who bought the DL only version to acsess the game files located at the BFC servers. Of course there are in theory other means of accessing the files at the servers, but as i said, for you, as a sutomer, the link is the only way to get access to the game files and this is made clear at the store.

Those are asumptions you are making. If you conclude from mere asumptions that you have not checked wether they are true or not, you cannot expect the conclusion to be a valid statement.

First off give me five dollars to redownload the game. Come on man its only five dollars! hell you practically agreed to it by responding to my post! Didnt you read the EULA?

Your final word is you bending over to accept your glorious battlefront master ***** and they slide the slim jim in and out of your ruined rectum moaning with pleasure as they take 5 dollars from your pocket as a **** cleaning fee every time they do.

Your way to immature to appreciate this game anyway. If your over 20 you have some serious growing up to do.

No one falls for duplicate accounts my friend.

Good thing this isn't a duplicate account, then.

The installers are the same for everyone. You can just ask if someone here is willing to (temporarily) upload it.

I think it's silly to have paying customers jump through these hoops to get the installer to a game they already dropped 55 USD on, when there's no reason they can't make it available in the first place.

No, those are to different things you are confusing, as i did already point out:

If i remember the user agreement correctly, the contract you have with BFC states that you dont own the game but only the rights to play it. This has nothing to do with the distribution process. The contract however does include your right to use the distribution process offered by BFC, wich would be the 365 days or 10 times download in that case. It is not within BFCs responsbility to make sure you have acsess to the game files beyond the distributin agreement you had with them.

BFC can only be held responsible for offering you the 365 or 10 times download to wich they agreed with you as means of distribution. Beyond that agreement, it is within your responsibility that you have the necessary files to execute your right to play the game. Your right to play the game lasts as long as you dont violate the terms mentioned within the liscense agreement (so it is in theory possibly to last for an eternal amount of time), your right to use the distribution process to wich you agreed with BFC lasts only for 365 days.