British Troops in Italian Campaign

Wow! Didn't mean to restart the War of 1812! I was simply asking about the Brits because I was working on a scenario in the Italian Campaign where the Brits were the Allied fighting force.....

But going forth with the War of 1812 theme, I am an American who visited a small town in Canada called Niagara on the Lake. There is a statue in the central park overlooking Lake Ontario with a plaque. In a very polite manner, the Plaque says: "This is as far as the damn colonials got before we kicked their butt all the way back to Washington DC". I thought it was funny.

Ah you didn't start anything. I really like JonS and consider him a friend (as much as one can someone who lives on the other side of the world and has never met in person)

Seriously, Jon's alright for a kiwi limey. Btw Jon thanks for your congratulations on my grades last semester. I stumbled upon that the other night and felt bad not thanking you.

And with Emrys, like many other old people, you can never tell if he's serious or not. But he's been around here if I recall since the 90s, and is actually somewhat brilliant. He's also a nice guy too and I personally like him and appreciate his posts. That being said Emrys, you better not put this in your sig line.

Hey when your thread becomes a topic in the Peng thread, you know you've hit the big time. Well at least in Peng terms. After all we must keep perspective, and the perspective there is looking up from the bottom of a toilet bowl.

Now see, you're starting to become a negative influence on me. I had to go look in the Peng thread and I've studiously ignored the Peng thread since it's mother gave birth to it in a bathroom at a high-school dance sometime in 2000.

Now see, you're starting to become a negative influence on me. I had to go look in the Peng thread and I've studiously ignored the Peng thread since it's mother gave birth to it in a bathroom at a high-school dance sometime in 2000.

Aw come on, admit it....you like to peek in there from time to time....dontcha.