Version 2 upgraded fords issue

Just to mention that they maybe issues with some fords on version 1.10 upgraded to version 2.00.

Armour cannot cross, appears to be an easy fix, as mud and marshes surround the track or road causes problem, just a matter of changing these tiles to dirt, grass etc.

Anybody else notice this... maybe wrong, but don't think so.

As far as I know, there hasn't ever been the possibility to cross fords (the rivercrossing, not the cars, because they surely can be crossed with tanks and that's real fun!) with tanks.

Jeeps and trucks yes, not sure fore halftracks, but I thought they could too. Tanks have been excluded and from what I believe that was intented by Battlefront.

Tanks can cross shallow fords, not deep water fords. The issue here is "some games" built prior to version 2.00 (not sure about version 1.11) where the fords worked before, will not carry armour in version 2.00. Looks like this is due to the tiles next to roads or tracks and effects how the armours behaviour.

Good example is the ford in the woods next to the central bridge in Huzzar Redux... where the armour and half-tracks did cross but now cannot.

In addition if you play a scenario where tanks were expected to be able to cross, by the scenario builder it may unbalance the scenario when this is no longer the case. Not to mention how many players, will know which fords he is expected or not to cross.

In some cases the "green arrow" still shows a permitted path, for armour...

Tanks can cross shallow fords, not deep water fords. The issue here is "some games" built prior to version 2.00 (not sure about version 1.11) where the fords worked before, will not carry armour in version 2.00. Looks like this is due to the tiles next to roads or tracks and effects how the armours behaviour.

Good example is the ford in the woods next to the central bridge in Huzzar Redux... where the armour and half-tracks did cross but now cannot.

In addition if you play a scenario where tanks were expected to be able to cross, by the scenario builder it may unbalance the scenario when this is no longer the case. Not to mention how many players, will know which fords he is expected or not to cross.

In some cases the "green arrow" still shows a permitted path, for armour...

This is really interesting to me, as I have been experiencing some ford crossing problems in a scenario I began before 2.00 - but completed after.

Could you please elaborate: Do these problems only occur in scenarios built before 2.00? If so then I guess they should work again if I "rebuild" the them in the editor in 2.00, right?

I have not built any new scenarios since the release of 2.00.

My last scenario was a tournament game at Bobs... built a few months before the release of 2.00, then waited a few weeks tell after 2.00 release, as a good start for the continuation the tournament.

Then had the complaints about a fords not working, also difficult movement in woods etc.

Fixed all in the of the map now in 2.00... that is the fords, tracks through woods (these appear to be effect by the tiles the tracks are built on or next too as well... can confuse armour and slow down movement more than the older game.)

Changes are working fine now.

• 2 weeks later...