So why Battlefront is charging us money for a patch?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone who is willing to spend more than $10 of his time arguing about a $10 patch obviously doesn't value his time. So it's obvious why he doesn't value ours.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again.

If you don't like it, don't buy it.

This is a free market where all transactions are voluntary. We did not force anybody to purchase CMBN. We also explicitly stated we would fix bugs and make modest game improvements for free. Which is what we have done. If someone's imagination pictured us providing more, then that's no more our problem than it is if the person still believes there is a Santa Claus.

If what we are doing is so egregious, so wrong, so contrary to what customers expect and are willing to accept... the marketplace will punish us. Ill tempered rants by a couple of people (4 by my count so far) aren't going to change the equation any. So what's the point of wasting the time on them?

To those of you complaining about the $10 Upgrade charge (by my count 4 so far)... if you REALLY believe we are doing something that is wrong, then sit back smugly and wait for us to go out of business. Because, if you are right, that is what will happen.

If it doesn't happen, then obviously there's some flaws in your logic.

I haven't checked the sales reports lately, but I'd guess by now in less than 2 weeks we've hit our minimum number for the first 12 months. Which means either our customer base is dumb as rocks, or they see the value in what we are offering.

Steve

P.S. If there were a big revolt against the $10 Upgrades we would have simply not made Upgrades any more. As with other games, including our own, we would simply let them fade away into the land of unsupported software. Engaging in unprofitable activities isn't how we've stayed in business for 14 years, so why start now?