Hotkey for toggling Shader doesn't work?

If I press the hotkey to toggle the Shader on and off I only get the message Shader OFF.

It doesn't seem to toggle and I also do not see any effect in the game.

Do you need to start the game with a command line option to enable Shader support?

I have an NVidia GTX580 with the latest 310.70 beta drivers.

I was expecting to see an old ATI card mentioned, never heard of problems with an NVidia card before.

The shader effects aren't "grab you by your shirt collar and shake you back and forth" big. They're highly dependent on the angle of the light. A vehicle facing east-west at noon you may not see much of anything, but angle it north-south at 6pm and light will catch the bolts on the tires or the rivets on the hull.

I have pinpointed the problem, I think.

My laptop was definately updated over 1.11 and on it the shaders toggle correctly.

It is on my desktop that it doesn't work and I am beginning to think it was upgraded over v1.10. Not 1.11.

Would I be able to fix the issue by copying the Normandy 1.11.brz file from my laptop over to my desktop? If not is there some other easy fix without having to uninstall?

I unistalled the game and made a fresh download of 1.11 Normandy and then

downloaded and installed the V 2.0 update.

I have the same problem that Yskonyn had...The shaders will not toggle ON...

No matter how many times i press Alt R it only shows SHADER OFF

It has nothing to do with my graphics card...Shaders in CMFI works fine...

Any help apprisiated !

I do not want to come across as a smartass, but are you sure it's v1.11 and not v1.10?

If you uninstallen the game and re downloaded it you won't have v1.11. That is a separate patch as far as I know.

Otherwise it's good to check your CMBN/Data folder to see if there is a Normandy v111.brz file present. If so, you should be fine. If not, you haven't properly patched to v1.11.

I hope this is helpful?