Multiple Players Per Team

I don't know if it would be possible to implement this, but I think it would be great if multiple players could fight on the same side, i.e. in a company vs company engagement each player commanding a platoon sized force with another player in control of HQ directing fire and movement. It would be even cooler with larger battles.

C2 would be more compelling if you had to maintain contact with human players instead of just losing bonuses to combat proficiency. Thoughts?

Yes, there was another thread about this same topic recently. All one has to do is set up a battle, do orders for your own units, and -- without pushing the red button -- save the file, and then send the entire saved game file to your teammate. The final teammate on your side pushes the red button before sending the game file to the first player on the opposing side.

It could be great fun, but -- like all operational-tactical campaigns, tournaments, and other projects requiring humans to cooperate -- it could also prove a major headache if turns don't get completed promptly, or if players don't share compatible views about how the game should be played (for example, if one team member is more into the competitive aspects, another is an authenticity nut and wants to use historical tactics, and another is a lone wolf who just wants to blow things up). Be great to see it done, and better still to read an illustrated AAR about it to see how things play with multiple commanders involved.

Is there a scenario that would be suitable for 2vs2 H2H?

The forces on both sides should be splittable in such a way that both parts can do something interesting. Not too large to have both parts still be dependant on each other (more fun). It should also not be too long so that it may be finished in a reasonable time. With 4 players involved there will be more interruptions than with two. 45-60min would IMHO be ideal.

Which scenario fits that description?

I'm playing a 2vs2 PBEM battle right now! It is a lot of fun (but sometimes the turn-rate can get a little slow).

It works as Broadsword mentioned above. If you're the first person to play your part of the turn, just hit "save" instead of the "Red Button". Then, send that file to your team-mate.

Then, your team-mate will play their part of the turn, hit the Red Button and send the file to the other side.

Highly recommended. I've noticed so far that there are some more realistic delays.

My team-mate and I have an internal rule that we cannot move each-others troops under our direct command. Therefore, it is necessary to email a request for assistance ... this causes delays .... and "screw-ups" ... just like in real life.

Noob is the person who made the map. We're playing Normandy and using a custom 2km x 2km map.

Not true, the scenario we are playing at the moment as a 2 v 1 game is CW Surrender Invites Death, i will be making custom maps for the operation though, which will be between 2.5 and 3 km square.

Who would like to play a 2vs2? Looking for two opponents.

jby and me are both from Europe and we would take one side. The other two should preferably come from the same time zone and know each other. The time zone should not be Europe. This way we should be able to proceed at one turn per day.

Any takers? Setup is open to discussion but I would prefer something small to medium for the first try.

Hi,

I have a buddy who is willing to co-operate in a game with me, we'll play, but we won't be able to manage one turn a day or anything close.

In fact I feel I need to give you two warnings:

1) We are both seasoned CMBB & CMAK players, but very new to CMx2. This will be my second PBEM game and his first. That doesn't bother us, but it may bother you!

2) We are busy people. I think we will be doing well if we sustain a rate of 2 turns per week. We are also in Europe by the way, but I don't think that will be a factor at the rate of play I anticipate.

If you feel that opponents like us are not really what you are looking for, then I completely understand if you prefer to wait for someone who has played a bit more CMFI and/or has a bit more time to spare. However if you have no other takers for a 2 vs 2 game or are prepared to run a second game alongside then let's get to it.