I have just finished playing Triple Alliance (PBEM) as Entente, the result was my defeat in the middle of 1916. I had the impression that this campaign favors CP too much. In my game USA didn't join the war and probably it wouldn't join until 1917, like they did in in reality. I'm not sure if Triple Alliance was meant to be that tough for Entente player. If not, in my opinion, in well balanced game the USA would become more active from the moment when Italy joins the war.

So my question is: are there any scripts that 'activate' the USA earlier or is it the same script as in Call to Arms?

Not sure about this.

The USA didn't joined because the CP were winning the war, but because the germans took steps which were bad for the american business (unrestricted sub warfare).

But with Italy fighting for the CP, why should Germany have felt the need to use these desperate measures?

Yes, there are some scripts to represent Teddy Roosevelt and the Preparedness Movement in the USA pushing their country to enter the war.

These scripts are only set to fire once Italy has joined the Central Powers.

I'd be interested to know if these scripts fired, or perhaps if Italy didn't enter the war?

The scripts still lead to a relatively slow entry of USA(even more so if Entente does blockade. With recent editsto blockade rules USA might not join at all?)

This scenario was played in the tournament and my opponent agreed that it heavily favored the CP. I consider it more a "surrive as long as you can" scenario for the entente. I wouldnt personally want to see it changed, but it cetainly isnt balanced.(maybe have Ottoman join Entente if Itally joins CP.(Idk how historic it is, but Ittally just recently stole Ottoman colony, right?)

Not sure about this.

The USA didn't joined because the CP were winning the war, but because the germans took steps which were bad for the american business (unrestricted sub warfare).

But with Italy fighting for the CP, why should Germany have felt the need to use these desperate measures?

Yeah, but in this case we need more balance, even if it would be ahistorical. US never plays ANY role in the WWI games, so it would be nice to have it in this one.

US entering 1915 had a standing army of 100,000 and would take a long time to even start putting troops in Europe, perhaps 1 1/2 year if they went all out at that time. Now if Italy did enter the war and the balance of power quickly shifted thru battles it would of changed the US policy quicker but do not believe as quick as perhaps needed against a human opponent. Now I will not get in the argument of historical vs un-historical point making some points.

I find this the only game left that is somewhat challenging when experience levels are even cranked up, and actually at times if mistakes made could still lose and I appreciate this challenge.

If some tweaking would take place to quicken preparedness then Italy's entry would be one and perhaps cities taken, surrenders taking place could boost this each time. But US always enters eventually and rectifies the situation against the AI, usually late 1916. Until then it is hanging by a rope.

It depends on the preference or intention of the game with HvsAi or HvsH but personally I like this one for the challenge to still play the AI at times. Just my thoughts.

Yes, there are some scripts to represent Teddy Roosevelt and the Preparedness Movement in the USA pushing their country to enter the war.

These scripts are only set to fire once Italy has joined the Central Powers.

I'd be interested to know if these scripts fired, or perhaps if Italy didn't enter the war?

Hi Bill, during the game I saw the events saying something about Preparedness Movement in the USA. Nevertheless in the middle of 1916, the Americans were still below 80%, it grew very slowly and it didn't change every turn, but every 2 turns.

When Americans join it's not probable that their army will show up in Europe sooner than after 6-8 months. However the Entente player can use their fleet and MPPs for diplomacy (i.e. to press Holland and Norway) and there would be significant morale boost. Without USA, playing against AI makes the game challenging and gives Entente some chances for winning. But playing against experienced player from this forum changes the game into "How long will Entente survive?".

Yeah, but in this case we need more balance, even if it would be ahistorical. US never plays ANY role in the WWI games, so it would be nice to have it in this one.

Yeah, exactly. Not sure if everyone noticed but this scenario actually is ahistorical. So why should it stick to historical timeline in terms of the USA joining the war?

I've been thinking some more about this one today, and it would make sense for balance in a multiplayer game to disable the scripts whereby the USA gets annoyed with the British for imposing the blockade on Germany.

Although this wouldn't be historical, I think this would be fair as that way the UK will get more aid from the USA even if the latter doesn't enter the war, and those extra MPPs can be used to assist either France or Russia in their struggles.

For AI games, keep the scripts in there as that way the Entente get a tough and challenging fight! :)

I've been thinking some more about this one today, and it would make sense for balance in a multiplayer game to disable the scripts whereby the USA gets annoyed with the British for imposing the blockade on Germany.

Although this wouldn't be historical, I think this would be fair as that way the UK will get more aid from the USA even if the latter doesn't enter the war, and those extra MPPs can be used to assist either France or Russia in their struggles.

For AI games, keep the scripts in there as that way the Entente get a tough and challenging fight! :)

Maybe also consider an decision script for brittian/France to pay money to help mobelize US army and make them join quicker.(just an idea.)

Personally I think one should maybe consider adding some sort of system which mentions if the script selection was altered from what is the basic norm for every campaign. There are so many scripts and I never cared to learn which ones should be on or off, so I wouldnt even know what to check for if someone altered them.