Please create one LOD step more for vineyards

Don't you hate how vineyards completely dissapear without trace when you move away from them? There is no sign of its existance, no indication that although you can't see them, there are vineyards there.

There are times where I didn't knew that there were vineyards in a field until I got close and found the surprise. I find it very confusing and quite weird to watch.

I know that these kind of things are made to save processor or graphics card memory and make the game smoother, it's done with the grass and small flavor objects and it isn't so noticeable. But it's quite noticeable with the vineyards. Would it be possible that instead dissapearing, a very low poly-count model would kick-in when moving the camera away?

I can't test it right now as I'm not at my game computer but does it do this on all graphic level settings?

I'm maxed out also and the LOD limitations happen on my computer, too. My machine doesn't slow to a crawl moving through vineyards, but I do drop to 12-15 fps from 30+ while moving around the map, including through trees.

• 5 months later...