Possible to Toggle Unit Bases?

eba1

This is probably a dumb question, but is it possible to toggle the unit bases on/off? I recall this was possible in the original CM via an Alt+ command, but I don't see a similar command in the hotkeys for CMFI. Is it possible with CMFI? Or is there a mod that removes the bases? Thanks.

There is no toggle that I'm aware of , nor do I recall a mod to remove them. It wouldn't take long to mod the bases out. Unfortunately, I'm swamped at work this week and then leaving town for the weekend. If you're still looking early next week, send me a PM and I'll try to fix up the mod. Do you want to do away with the wounded/KIA bases also?

Personally, I have a hard enough time identifying everyone in a team or squad with the bases (especially the wandering gun crews) and bases do disappear when you deselect all units. But. to each his own... I can fix something next week if you still need it.

I like them too. I just like to be able to toggle them on and off like in the original CM. Not sure why they did away with that command.

Rake, thanks for the mod offer, but I agree that if the only choice is always on or always off, then on is preferable.

The equivalent to 'bases' in CMx1 are really the overhead floating icons on CMx2. And those can be toggled on and off. CMx2 bases are informational, they not only tell you which unit you've selected but which man in holding which weapon, what task they are doing, which one is the commander. Lots and lots of information at a glance.

The equivalent to 'bases' in CMx1 are really the overhead floating icons on CMx2. And those can be toggled on and off. CMx2 bases are informational, they not only tell you which unit you've selected but which man in holding which weapon, what task they are doing, which one is the commander. Lots and lots of information at a glance.

Right. But I'd like to be able to toggle them off once I've glanced and been informed.

I must admit, I really don´t understand the problem:

I don´t like to look at the bases either, but I find them extremely useful when I need to locate and/or get a quick overview of my troops. Just as Rake stated above.

And when I´ve finished that overview? I click somewhere on the map to deselect the units - and the bases disappear.

I don´t see why we would need a special key for doing that - but maybe there is something in the question I´ve misunderstood?