Demo Changes

GerryCMBB

I did a quick test,and no they don't. BUT it tested with the CMBN. Maybe with the CMFI...

testcxq.jpg

Even from a second floor they don't throw the demo chargues...I could do a rapid test with CMFI this evening... I used CMBN because I have the escenario test jet made...

Regards

EDIT: I did the test with CMFI and THEY DON'T THROW demo chargues from buildings. They throw when they are out. Making the test I noticed that the graphics of demo chargues is changed NICE! :-D

demo8e.jpg

Remember that the graphic of your troops throwing a demo charge is really a substitute for them rushing up to the tank and assaulting it. You can't do that from inside a second story building.

A one story building you could argue that they run outside and assault the tank, but I don't think it's in the game.

Do infantry ever throw Demo Charges against other infantry ?

While playing "Bridge at Varaville" (CMCW) one of the canadian paratrooper, throw a demo charge through a door to the enemy soldiers inside the bulding. So I think yes, they can use the demo chargues agains another enemy troops. :eek:

See post 225: http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=101195&highlight=loufoque&page=23

regards

You can definitely tell when Engies lob their demo charges (rather than it just being an 'abstraction animation'). There's a crater the size of a 150mm arty hit.

That's why I so desperately wanted my guys to lob one. Just one could have turned that fight around.

Lol, always like this.

I really wanted to use this TELL feature yesterday. I had a Tank Hunter team hiding in a building waiting for a tank to pass by. But my opponent was leading with infantry of course. The house was surrounded so I really wanted them to use one of the two demo charges. As it was they died for the Fatherland with both Demo Charges preserved.

It probably would be hard to code this behavior into the TacAI. So it would be best if there was a property we could set for the team to allow them to do this.

Gerry

Ok, so now all we need is the ability to TELL them to do it :(

Just had a 10 turn close in battle with the better part of a platoon of pioneers get wasted fighting other infantry - average range was 15-25m.

Not one charge used :(

Muppets.

I really wanted to use this TELL feature yesterday. I had a Tank Hunter team hiding in a building waiting for a tank to pass by. But my opponent was leading with infantry of course. The house was surrounded so I really wanted them to use one of the two demo charges. As it was they died for the Fatherland with both Demo Charges preserved.

It probably would be hard to code this behavior into the TacAI. So it would be best if there was a property we could set for the team to allow them to do this.

Gerry

We already have enough advantages over the AI.

I was playing PBEM. I thought the TacAI was what controlled our troops once we issued the orders?

Gerry

Nevertheless, if the TacAI can't do it, the AI can't do it, and adding one more (quite potent) tool to our toolbox would simply increase the problems Scenario designers have in providing something vaguely challenging in single player mode.